Login | Register

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: For questions in general
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:56 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
My friend, welcome!

Here you can ask me about something I haven't mentioned in the other topics. I may answer it here, or if I have enough knowledge of it I may start a new topic for it.

I hope I will be able to answer many interesting questions.

Tsahraf is Hebrew, meaning to refine, cast, melt, purge away, try.

Chahsid Mimetes means Follower of the Holy One, or saint.

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
I Corinthians 11:1

May Sir Emeth Mimetes find you doing this.
Thank you, in Gods name, thank you.

My Book on Amazon.

Come see the Sub-forum for my Otherworld.

One of my posts: Introducing You to Iniel (third update)

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: For questions in general
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:07 pm 

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
Congrats on your subforum! I love seeing them pop up! :D

What kind of plants are there? Animals?
Are there elves, humans, etc.? Are there names for branches of races?
Do you have rivers, oceans, seas, lakes, or other bodies of water that are developed?
What ways of transportation are there? Ramps, boats, vehicles, motercycles, rafts?
What kind of buildings are there? Are there stores? Libraries? Are there books, stories, or maps in the library (if you have one)?
What about culture? Eating? Games?
Weapons: Are there bows & arrows? Guns?

It's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain... -November Rain, Guns'NRoses
Romans 12:18- If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:44 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Elly wrote:

Do you have rivers, oceans, seas, lakes, or other bodies of water that are developed?
What ways of transportation are there? Ramps, boats, vehicles, motercycles, rafts?
What kind of buildings are there? Are there stores? Libraries? Are there books, stories, or maps in the library (if you have one)?

I love seeing them pop up too.
What are Cong Rats?
(I am only kidding)

I will write a thread about plants. I will say no more here except a little mystery,
The plants appear with the dawn of the building light.

The animals, or some of them, are older than the stars.
And they have plenty of history.
I will write a thread about them too.

There are no elves, but there are FairFolk, probably more than one sort.

There are Humans: an Orc or a Luc of the Third Generation that is not a Superman (see Introducing you to Iniel).

There is the First Sea, which is important in the beginning, and there is Alba Longua (meaning the Principle ClearWater in the tongue of Imer), which is the created sea.
There is also the AmsAmsh Outside. I do not know whether I will have a thread about bodies of water.

The Immortals, the First and Second Generations, have everything from borerunners (something for the Sci-fi forum) to starships. The Third Generation, being limited, I do not know by what yet, could not develop further than trains and steam tractors. So you can guess how mysterious and profound it is to them to travel between earths.

There were buildings that by infinite laws of construction set infinite numbers of stars, galaxies, Planets, moons, and Heavenses in place, no two of them the same.
All of Iniel being written by signs of Nectin are kept in the libraries of Heuoul in Merum, one of the two first earths.
In Dew, Outside, the buildings are the fabric on which the mental System is built, and there is little besides buildings and people in Dew.

In Robonaz, they do not clap or shout to applaud someone, but stand, wave, and cast up their arms silently (it is considered an interruption to make noise). They show their displeasure by sitting still, so an idiom in their language for expressing displeasure against someone is,"To keep a hand still at a man."

The food is extremely varied. There are whole cuisines that are "spicy" with a burning, cold, peppermint taste.

There is a game called dakhe (meaning "spearheads" in some language) which is a board game like chess, and the "pawns" are shaped like spearheads.

There are bows, but have you heard of the atlatl? Those are important. And slings.

The Third Generation got no further than cannons and repeating rifles.
The First and Second Generations have guns that form bullets the size of a half plum inside the gun in expanding molds, and fire them with a specialized light ray, and resonate them with a Ha-shet sound wave which makes them burn through nearly anything (something else for the Sci-fi forum).

Your questions were rather funny, but very stimulating.
Thank you again!

My Book on Amazon.

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:58 pm 

Tsahraf wrote:
Elly wrote:

I love seeing them pop up too.
What are Cong Rats?
(I am only kidding)

I will write a thread about plants. I will say no more here except a little mystery,
The plants appear with the dawn of the building light.

The animals, or some of them, are older than the stars.
And they have plenty of history.
I will write a thread about them too.

There are no elves, but there are FairFolk, probably more than one sort.

There are Humans: an Orc or a Luc of the Third Generation that is not a Superman (see Introducing you to Iniel).

There is the First Sea, which is important in the beginning, and there is Alba Longua (meaning the Principle ClearWater in the tongue of Imer), which is the created sea.
There is also the AmsAmsh Outside. I do not know whether I will have a thread about bodies of water.

The Immortals, the First and Second Generations, have everything from borerunners (something for the Sci-fi forum) to starships. The Third Generation, being limited, I do not know by what yet, could not develop further than trains and steam tractors. So you can guess how mysterious and profound it is to them to travel between earths.

There were buildings that by infinite laws of construction set infinite numbers of stars, galaxies, Planets, moons, and Heavenses in place, no two of them the same.
All of Iniel being written by signs of Nectin are kept in the libraries of Heuoul in Merum, one of the two first earths.
In Dew, Outside, the buildings are the fabric on which the mental System is built, and there is little besides buildings and people in Dew.

In Robonaz, they do not clap or shout to applaud someone, but stand, wave, and cast up their arms silently (it is considered an interruption to make noise). They show their displeasure by sitting still, so an idiom in their language for expressing displeasure against someone is,"To keep a hand still at a man."

The food is extremely varied. There are whole cuisines that are "spicy" with a burning, cold, peppermint taste.

There is a game called dakhe (meaning "spearheads" in some language) which is a board game like chess, and the "pawns" are shaped like spearheads.

There are bows, but have you heard of the atlatl? Those are important. And slings.

The Third Generation got no further than cannons and repeating rifles.
The First and Second Generations have guns that form bullets the size of a half plum inside the gun in expanding molds, and fire them with a specialized light ray, and resonate them with a Ha-shet sound wave which makes them burn through nearly anything (something else for the Sci-fi forum).

Your questions were rather funny, but very stimulating.
Thank you again!

Cong Rats are a very exclusive kind of rodents.
Kidding again!

Thank you, and thank you for typing all that. It would probably take me a half hour.

No, I haven't heard of the atlatl. (Being a girl, I guess I'm not up on weapons and that kind of thing.) :D

It's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain... -November Rain, Guns'NRoses
Romans 12:18- If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:16 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

An atlatl is a kind of spear throwing stick. Here is a link to the Wikipedia article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlatl

My Book on Amazon.

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:41 pm 

I see. They're interesting. Are the ones in your world different or similar to those in the Wikipedia article?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:32 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

There were a lot of different kinds in the Wikipedia article, and there are more different kinds in Iniel then there are in earth.

However, I was introduced to the atlatl in a small but marvelous "backwoods" Creation museum. It was the sort that Ancient Americans used to kill mammoths. It was a magnificent, and very ancient looking, weapon.

Something very important about Iniel is that it has a Most Ancient essence at all points of its history.

My Book on Amazon.

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:46 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

I just now realized that I have not posted my updated introductory post. This may clear up some questions, and I hope that it will create many more questions.

Here it is:

Quote:
Welcome to my sub-forum! You are very welcome.

Iniel is extremely large. It is a very real fictional place. It is where the songs of joy and the songs of torment sound on the same wind, and blood and honey drip into the same brook. The dancer dances the Dance of mirth and of mourning.

Iniel is where the Light shines inwards, and is sung by the Trumpeter: Fyüorn

Iniel is divided into six different sorts of places:

The Heavenses:
Each Heavens is a mathematically infinite space. There is an indefinite number of Heavenses, that is, no one knows how many there are.

The Surfaces:
In between the Heavenses are surface-worlds, also three-dimensional infinite spaces, but these worlds act like the surface between two things, between water and air for example, magnifying, reflecting, distorting, refracting, and so on.

Stars, Earths, and empty spaces fill the Heavenses and the Surfaces.

The Spectrum of Existences:
Both the Heavenses and the Surfaces are a part of the spectrum of Existences. As a rough analogy, if light, gravity, size, shape, kinetic and potential energy were all the visible part of the light spectrum, then the rest of the spectrum of Existences would be the rest of the light spectrum.

To travel through the Spectrum of Existences is to vanish out of a world that can be pictured in the mind.

The Shapeshifters Worlds
The Shapeshifters, as you might expect, are the most varied, mysterious, and complicated of the peoples of Iniel. They are also the most ancient Order of Races.

However, all that I must say here is that some races of Shapeshifters can transform into a portal, with a world beyond it, the inner world of the Shapeshifter.

The Worlds of the Dead:
Beyond the whole Spectrum of Existences, yet bound up with it in certain ways, are the Worlds of the Dead. There are different sorts of worlds that are of the Dead; the Afterlives of the Immortal, and the Underworld of the Mortals, are the two main categories.

The Outside:
Last of all, there is the Outside: Worldlessness; where there is no space, time, change, or thought, but only what is brought into it by those who meet each-other there.

All of these six as one is my Otherworld, and it is called Iniel.

The inhabitable planets, which are called Earths, are divided into at least five different sorts, and there will probably be more sorts later, and sub-sorts.

Round-Sunned:
These Earths are, very simply, like our Earth, in the Familiarworld.

Virgate-Sunned (rod shaped):
These Earths have suns that are shaped like a rod, which sits in the center of its system like the axis of a top. So the sun is almost parallel to the horizon, but is usually slanted a little. Sunrises and and sunsets are many times shorter than on round-sunned Earths.

Virgate suns are about the same length compared to their width as a spade handle or hoe handle.

Disk-Sunned:
Are Earths with disk shaped suns, which (because they are only seen edgewise) appear very similar to virgate suns except that they rise perpendicularly to the horizon. Sunrises and sunsets are, of course, very slow.

There is something else different about these kinds of Earths, but I do not know what it is yet, I only thought of this kind recently.

Cone-Sunned:
In these systems the Earth orbits around the cone, which appears as a triangle a little more acute than a right angle, which can point either left or right when you are facing the sunrise.

These Earths are very different in many ways, I will make a thread about them. The most striking difference is the light: it is many times the amount of light on other Earths, but it is no hotter than other Earths, rather it is cooler.

Thorn-Sunned:
These have suns that are triangular, but the angle is more acute, it is a thinner triangle. So the sunrises an sunset are short, like on a virgate-sunned Earth.

On these Earths the atmosphere is completely transparent, so the sky is black and full of stars even when the sun is too bright to look at. I will make a thread about these also.

The many different races bearing the Image of God are divided into five Orders.

Human:
In the Human Order there is only one race, and it is identical to Adams race. But in Iniel the term human only applies to a man that is not of any of the other races.

Superman:
A race of Supermen is a race of men with something added or altered; a Superman means a man beyond man.

As examples of Superman races, there are headless men, men with horses heads, men with wings, men with one spiders eye between their eyes, men with hands that are backwards on their wrists, and so on.

Gnome:
A race of Gnomes is a race that can have forms of lesser substance, meaning they could disappear, or be indistinct, or be little more than thought.

Or, instead of having lesser substance, they could have a visible form that disagrees with their tangible form. I have only known George Macdonald to use this: in The Princess and Curdie, Curdie is given the power to tell, by feeling a persons hand, what sort of animal that person is at heart (and which he will eventually become): when he feels their hands he feels part of whatever animal they are tending towards, though their hand does not look any different.

Shapeshifter:
A Shapeshifter race has a Human, Superman, or Gnome form, but can change into at least one other form, which can be practically anything.

Even if some one could have been able to shapeshift, but was disabled, he would still be a Shapeshifter, just as a person may be lame and yet still be human. And if some one gains the ability to shapeshift, but does not inherit the ability from his ancestors, he is not a Shapeshifter.

Image:
In Iniel it is difficult to make a picture of anything, especially of animals, and more especially of men. Any of the more lifelike images of people can potentially become alive, though not necessarily able to move. And more simple pictures, such as pictographs, can have a lesser kind of power.

These are the basic categories, I will go into the subcategories in other threads: keep a look out for them. When enough of my information is on the sub-forum I will make an index.

This is the same world that I have my Sci-fi in, so there will probably be more information about it in my world sub-forum in the Sci-fi forum here:
http://www.holyworlds.org/scifi/viewforum.php?f=66

Thank you very much for reading my post! Please tell me if you liked it, and if there is something you are particularly interested in finding out more about.

Here are more sorts of Earths:

Earths without suns: Dark-energy Earths.

Corh:
Earths that receive their energy either from a single corh creature (a creature that inhabits the voids), or from many of them. The energy may be received from a distance or delivered in visits to the planet itself.

Dark-patar:
These Earths orbit round-suns (non gaseous, round-suns), virgate-suns, disc-suns, cone-suns, and thorn-suns, but these suns do not give visible light. Only gaseous round-suns are like our sun. Non gaseous round-suns, and the rest of the suns I mentioned are solid objects called patar (pronounced like pot-are). Patar that give visible light are called suns along with the sort of sun we are used to, but patar that do not make visible light are called dark-patar.

Surface interfaced:
These Earths receive their energy from some source existing in a Surface to which it has access. These energy sources would be extremely varied and strange. Corh supplied Earths could also be Surface interfaced.

Does anything confuse you? Is there anything you would particularly want me to develop or post more about?

I have a question for you: would it be easier to make separate questions threads for different parts of the introductory post?

My Book on Amazon.

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]