Login | Register

Post subject: Introducing Village Commons
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:16 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
Village Commons is a new project here on HW, a place for members to work together and collaborate on short stories. Basically, think of it as sort of a bunch of mini Community Stories. But a whole lot less complicated, hopefully.

Basically, there are two different ways that stories can get going in here. You could come up with a great idea with another member, and post it in here for further development. But, maybe you came up with an idea yourself, but you'd like to work on it with other HWers - that's fine too. Just post a thread in here and take it away.

Now. This room doesn't have many rules attached to it - this type of idea is somewhat new, thus we are going to leave a pretty long leash on this thing. Please bear this in mind as you post stories.

So, let's come up with some awesome stories, and fill this room up with amazing HW talent!

eruheran

I am a dreamer of big dreams: a student of wisdom, a reader of books, and a crafter of words. I am a servant of my Master who has rescued me. I am an adventurer, living my life to the fullest. Will you join me on this wild journey?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: What is this new room?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:37 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Are you a published author?: No
Just to clarify. Y'all can collaborate on more than just short-stories too if you want. If you have a book idea that you want to collaborate with, go for it :D

"I think armpit hair's pretty intimate!" - Roager

"I am so glad I'm getting locked in the basement today." - Airianna Valenshia

"You are the laughter I forgot how to make." - Calista Beth

"Sorry, I was busy asphyxiating Mama R." - Seer

"I'm a man of many personalities, but tell you what? They're all very fond of you." - Sheogorath from Elder Scrolls Online

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:55 pm 
Captain
Captain

This should be interesting. :cool:

....::::My Blog::::....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:48 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Female
This sounds like it could be so much fun! Dialogue is especially easier with two or more writers. I would happily make up a story with someone(s). I like fantasy creatures, I am fine with utilizing magic or writing without it, but I don't care for too much violence (some is fine, but I don't like cruelty or gruesome details). Anyone interested? I'll see if I can come up with a basic idea or a starting scene to spark the imagination, but I'd be more than happy to help someone develop their idea instead.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:29 pm 
Captain
Captain

I'm thinking about starting one here, just to kick things off, but it might fit better in HWSF, are there plans for this to happen there?

"Haven't I fallen enough?" She asked, head drooping to rest on the copper-black armor that once gleamed with starlight' white fire. "Must I betray my oath one more time to save these people I have betrayed and oppressed?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:18 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

This is such a great idea!

Layla wrote:
This sounds like it could be so much fun! Dialogue is especially easier with two or more writers. I would happily make up a story with someone(s). I like fantasy creatures, I am fine with utilizing magic or writing without it, but I don't care for too much violence (some is fine, but I don't like cruelty or gruesome details). Anyone interested? I'll see if I can come up with a basic idea or a starting scene to spark the imagination, but I'd be more than happy to help someone develop their idea instead.

I think I would really enjoy working on a story with you, Layla! I'll pm you about it. :D

"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug."
~Mark Twain~

Works in Progress:

Note:
Abigail is Hebrew for joy of the Father, and Mimetes is Greek for imitator or follower. I am a joyful follower of my King and Father, the Creator of all things.
I stand in support of Jay, for he is my brother in Christ.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:17 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

I think Leah already poked me somewhere and told me to make one in SF. Sure, if you'll use it, you can have it, as far as I know! :D

You can set it up yourself if you like, or I'll get over there as soon as I can. :P

Floyd was frozen where he stood. He struggled to breathe, but the air smelled of blood and death and guilt. He tried to formulate a name, to ask, but language was meaningless, and words would not come. He tried to scream but the sound got stuck in his heart, shattered into a million pieces, and scattered to the wind.

In a world without superheroes, who will stand against the forces of evil?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:03 pm 
Captain
Captain

What should I call it over there? I'll go ahead and see if I remember how to make forums.

So, I'll make it over there and cross-post the announcement. Is that good?

"Haven't I fallen enough?" She asked, head drooping to rest on the copper-black armor that once gleamed with starlight' white fire. "Must I betray my oath one more time to save these people I have betrayed and oppressed?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:14 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

No idea. :P

Sounds good. :D

I suppose we could bring it up in the planning room over there to get name suggestions.

Floyd was frozen where he stood. He struggled to breathe, but the air smelled of blood and death and guilt. He tried to formulate a name, to ask, but language was meaningless, and words would not come. He tried to scream but the sound got stuck in his heart, shattered into a million pieces, and scattered to the wind.

In a world without superheroes, who will stand against the forces of evil?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:12 pm 
Captain
Captain

Good idea. I'm not at home currently, so I don't think I can post it. I can in a few hours though.

EDIT: Posted in Briefing Room

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:02 pm 
Writer
Writer

Quote:
I think I would really enjoy working on a story with you, Layla! I'll pm you about it. :D

Sounds great! You can pm me anytime. I will be out of town this weekend but will be available after that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Layla wrote:
Quote:

Sounds great! You can pm me anytime. I will be out of town this weekend but will be available after that.

Okay! I meant to pm you today, but time got away from me. :P Hopefully I can get to it tomorrow. :D

"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug."
~Mark Twain~

Works in Progress:

Note:
Abigail is Hebrew for joy of the Father, and Mimetes is Greek for imitator or follower. I am a joyful follower of my King and Father, the Creator of all things.
I stand in support of Jay, for he is my brother in Christ.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:53 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Or you could just start a thread in here, since that's what this room is for *hint hint* ;)

eru

I am a dreamer of big dreams: a student of wisdom, a reader of books, and a crafter of words. I am a servant of my Master who has rescued me. I am an adventurer, living my life to the fullest. Will you join me on this wild journey?

Offline Profile