[close]

Login | Register

Post subject: Feeling Lost? The Beginner's Guide to Eshteka
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:50 pm 
Officer
Officer

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
Welcome to Eshteka! Before you delve into the depths of my world, here's some basic information about it.

History

In the beginning (the exact date is unknown) the universe was formed. Ashman, the Creator, set the stars in motion, some fashioned to warm life-supporting planets, and others not. One of the former ones was Alpha Centauri, supporting a lush, though slightly small, planet named Eshteka.

At first all was well in Eshteka. People multiplied and explored, built cities, and prospered. Then came Shatar. Who he really was, or where he was from, none could tell; what mattered was the damage he brought to the once innocent world. Shatar deceived one of the nations, causing them to turn against their neighbors. As a result, the world fell into chaos, and the God of the beginning was forgotten.

Time went by. It seemed the world was doomed to darkness, until a mysterious man appeared on the scene. None knew where he was from, or who he was. He came in the belly of a bright bird, some said, while others claimed he was an angel. He taught the people about their former Creator, converting what kings he could. In the midst of darkness, the dawn had finally come.

Years passed, and three mighty kingdoms arose, vying for power. The first was Ameantor, holding most of the northern lands. The second was Alandith to the west, and the third was Canatia to the east, ruling over most of the continent with an iron hand.

Then came the Rebellion. Regiments of foreign slaves banded together, challenging the Canatian army. One might have thought that they had no chance of survival, but their God was merciful and aided their cause, slaughtering the Canatian king, and tearing a good half to two thirds of Canatia away from his successor. The new kingdom was named Thalmain (thal-ma-EEN), and was the mother of the sister countries Thamaltis and Mainoshet (ma-EEN-oh-shet).

Two more nations were formed, Masurtania splitting off of Ameantor to the north-east, and Veldskhon appearing on the maps where the northernmost part of Alandith had been. The three original powers had grown weak. That is, until a new generation of kings took to their thrones...

This is pretty much what has happened so far. When the series begins, Canatia and Ameantor have begun harassing their neighbors. Masurtania is on the brink of being overrun with Ameantorites, and Thamaltis is suffering from an undercover invasion by the Canatians. Mainoshet and Veldskhon are very weak, and are currently targeted for an Ameantorite invasion too. :D

Cultures
There are five continents, Asroko, Mulhaki, Isia, Israli, and Frilaar. My current series focuses mainly on Asroko, however, so the other continents are less developed.

Asroko is comprised of 7 countries: Ameantor, Mainoshet, Veldskhon, Alandith, Thamaltis, Masurtania, and Canatia. Also, to the uppermost north, there is the Wilderness of Tavanshi, but that is not an organized country. :)

Asroko is populated by 8 main people groups (others exist, but they are very few, and thus not worth enumerating here). The northern inhabitants are the Ameantorites, medium height, tan-skinned and darker-haired, the Tavancheti, short, round, dark-skinned and dark-haired, and the Veldskhonians, short and broad, with leathery skin and grey-brown hair.

The southern peoples are the Masurhiente, tiny, six-inch tall, winged people with an entire range of skin/hair color (although they tend towards lighter skin and hair), the Wood People (name STILL temporary :P), short, hairy clan-based tree-dwellers, and the Amualhites (who people Thamaltis and Mainoshet), average height people of medium skin and anywhere from blond to dark brown hair, and the Alandithians, who are tall, broad, and golden-haired. There are also Auren, the cursed race; Some would not categorize them as people, though, because of their animal shape.

Now that you've got that information under your belt, you may proceed into the depths of my world. ^_^ Here's an index to help you get started!

Look and Layout of Eshteka
Geography
Flora
Astronomy

Culture
Culture
Akhila and Dhav
Six Standards of Asroko

Find out what's on my heart: Blotches and Blunders

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Feeling Lost? An Introduction to Eshteka
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:28 am 
Officer
Officer

Sex: Male
Sounds cool-everything is in chaos!

Millicent Mimetes wrote:
Masurhiente, tiny, six-inch winged people with an entire range of skin/hair color (although they tend towards lighter skin and hair),

So these people are about six inches tall?

Formerly RunningWolf, Lycanis (lie-can-iss) is the name of a redeemed race of Werewolves...Mimetes (mim-eight-tase=a follower/imitator) signifies that I am identifying myself as a bro-in-Christ to our King in his current trials.

Beware the symbol of The WereWolf:
Come visit my story-world, Vadra!Click! :evil: If you want to... ;)
Or just check out the newest thread(s): Dustwights and the Kalik

Rejection letter score: 0
"Beware the Green Wolf
It hunts too soon
By the light of the moon
Beware the markings
And ancient rune
Beware the Green Wolf on the night of the moon!"
-Inesdar (written while in a state of...something)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:27 pm 
Officer
Officer

Yep. Sorry about the awkward phrasing... *Goes to fix* Thanks for dropping in on my subforum, Wolf. :D I appreciate comments and questions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:46 pm 
Captain
Captain

Are you a published author?: Yes
Good introduction to Eshteka, Milly. :D

....::::My Blog::::....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:07 pm 
Officer
Officer

Millicent Mimetes wrote:
Yep. Sorry about the awkward phrasing... *Goes to fix* Thanks for dropping in on my subforum, Wolf. :D I appreciate comments and questions.

Cool, I like little people!

You're welcome, if I think of any more questions I'll be back! :D

Formerly RunningWolf, Lycanis (lie-can-iss) is the name of a redeemed race of Werewolves...Mimetes (mim-eight-tase=a follower/imitator) signifies that I am identifying myself as a bro-in-Christ to our King in his current trials.

Beware the symbol of The WereWolf:
Come visit my story-world, Vadra!Click! :evil: If you want to... ;)
Or just check out the newest thread(s): Dustwights and the Kalik

Rejection letter score: 0
"Beware the Green Wolf
It hunts too soon
By the light of the moon
Beware the markings
And ancient rune
Beware the Green Wolf on the night of the moon!"
-Inesdar (written while in a state of...something)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:29 pm 
Officer
Officer

I like your introduction, Milly. :D

It's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain... -November Rain, Guns'NRoses
Romans 12:18- If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:54 pm 
Officer
Officer

Thanks everyone. :) I'm hoping to get some fresh material posted around in here soon...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:07 am 
Captain
Captain

Ahh, your world makes a good deal of sense... I like how it sort of rises out of a timeless qausi-mythical era into a historic period. It gives you infinite room for development, lore, and vistas beyond, but also keeps from opening a can of worms much to big to ever fully write about.
Your political development is fascinating, and I like the various people-groups. It'll take me a long time to get my head around 6-inch humans that are a substantive people group, though... that's my only rough spot. I'll start running amuck in your forum now!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:21 pm 
Officer
Officer

Yay, thanks, Reiyen! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:15 pm 
Writer
Writer

I like the general history of your world! I need to work on my world's history (and everything else about it) :roll:

I was wondering as I read...exactly how short are the Wood People? Are they short compared to humans in this world, or short like the Masurhiente? It would be interesting to see more about the Masurhiente, too, and how their height and wings affect their culture and the peoples around them.

*goes to explore Eshteka* :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:48 pm 
Officer
Officer

The Wood People (honestly, I do want a different name for them! :P) are anywhere from two to three feet tall. :) (And no, I was not trying to imitate hobbits when I invented them...at least I don't think I was. o.O)

I'll probably post more about the Masurhiente eventually, but I just don't have the brainpower to even think about it right now. :P

Thank you very much for exploring Eshteka! :D It makes me happy. :dieshappy:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:33 pm 
Writer
Writer

Haha, all my people groups are named like that right now - this group, that group... :roll:

The Wood People didn't seem like hobbits when I read through it at first...I can see how they could be, but I'm sure you'll make them unique!

You're welcome! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:55 am 
Officer
Officer

Believe me, they're nothing like Hobbits. XD

Offline Profile