Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dragons again (Skalahseh remix)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:59 am 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
I'm sure most everyone's fantasy universe has some form of dragon well Skalahseh isn't an exception in this.

While originally I was going to have more positively or natural dragons I decided to take a different sum what more traditional yet original approach to my dragons. As Skalahseh is a role playing module I figure I might as well describe encountering a dragon as if I where your dungeon Master.

As you make your way up the steep path of the mountain you begin to encounter a fog like dark grey-green smoke growing thicker as you near your destination Beginning to cause a slight burning sensation in your nose. What few plants you come across have been reduced to shriveled skeletons of themselves. As you approach the beasts lair the Fog has made it difficult to see more than twenty feet in front of you and the bones man and beast litter the path. You find it heard to breath as a burning sensation fills your lungs. Finally you have discovered the beasts lair even the bravest among your party is filled with dread and has difficulty pressing forward. After everyone passed their will save you make your way into the dark cave. Your torches burning a sickly green reacting to the thick fog that has begun to burn your eyes. You encounter a number of grotesquely mutated beasts guarding the dragons deep. Deep Growls begin to fill the air as you make your way into a large open chamber of the cave. Again you and your allies are filled with a sense of dread. Suddenly one of your terror struck allies lets out a blood curling scream as they are snapped up into a tremendous beasts jaw. Standing before you is a giant horned reptilian creature with unholy black eyes unleashing thick clouds of toxic fumes from its nostrils blood and highly acidic saliva dripping from its toothy maw. Your heart begins to pound as the beast rears back its head and spreads wide its bat-like wings. Its maw opens wide as its chest begins to expand and the beast lets out a terrible roar as fire came flooding out of its throat.

Scarred yet? If you somehow manage to survive all that you will find that its blood and spittal are acidic enough to eat through flesh oh and if anything dead passes under is shadow it happens to reanimate as an undead. Not a pleasant experience But I think it gets the job done.

Dragons in Skalahseh are the unholy offspring of men and deamon born in ancient times. They seek nothing more than the corruption and ultimate destruction of all creation. They come in Red, Black, and Green and are just plain mean. That act primarily as a boss mob in Skalahseh as well as acting as supernatural antagonists in the stories I write. They are the primary physical agents of evil in Skalahseh and seem to think Humans are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. Oh their also capable of speech but well when they talk think 20 foot tall reptilian Hannibal Lector. This is not your little brothers "How to Train Your Dragon".

Questions comments concerns?

A unquestioned faith is like a unsharpened sword, keep your sword sharp.

In times of hardship. A rational faith shall outlast a blind adherence.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dragons again (Skalahseh remix)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:54 am 
Writer
Writer

Nice. I really really like that description of the dragon! :D Do the dragons in Ska'Leh'Sah just breathe fire, or do they have other breath weapons?

Works in Progress:
The Capstone - 97,000 Words (Fourth Draft), In Planning Phase
Currently Unnamed - In Plotting Phase

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dragons again (Skalahseh remix)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:19 am 
Writer
Writer

They can also release clouds of toxic gas or spit out large globs of acidic saliva. Does that count? I might have some frost dragons as well though if thats what your asking. Though right know just the one kind.

A unquestioned faith is like a unsharpened sword, keep your sword sharp.

In times of hardship. A rational faith shall outlast a blind adherence.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]