Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dragons vs Giants
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:20 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
Hey guys, I'm working on ideas for my webcomic and I'm curious as to who do you guys thing is a bigger threat and the more dangerous for?

Dragons; giant, fire-spewing hoarders and the mortal enemy of the common knight, or the lumbering, brutish giant with its nearly limitless strength and bottomless appetite?

There are extremes on both sides; no real definite answer, but who fills you with the most dread? Why? Which would you face, if you had to deal with one or the other?

If you want to make your opinion official take a trip over to the Pact Comic website to vote, but either way I'd love to talk about the pros and cons and who you think is the ultimate winner. http://pactcomics.weebly.com/news--upda ... n-vs-giant

But anyway, thanks for dropping by, God bless!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Gotta ask
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:01 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
Personally, I think dragons are more dangerous, simply because they can move quickly and they tend to be extremely intelligent and cunning. But I cause it depends on the situation. Anywho, that's my two cents :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Gotta ask
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:01 pm 
Writer
Writer

Tamuril Vardamir wrote:
Personally, I think dragons are more dangerous, simply because they can move quickly and they tend to be extremely intelligent and cunning. But I cause it depends on the situation. Anywho, that's my two cents :)

Aye, thats indeed true, Dragons for the most part do tend to be more agile and intelligent then giants though to give them their due giants do have enough brains to craft and use simple weapons most of the time but a good tactic beats a crude club nine out of ten times I suppose.

Thank you for weighing in Tamuril, please do drop back by if you think of any other good points for this showdown!

God bless. :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dragons vs Giants
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:24 am 
Captain
Captain

Location: Following my Father through the wilderness of sojourning.
That depends on too many variables to say for certain.

Dragons may be nothing more than fire-breathing lizards, so just staying out of sight might be enough for them to become distracted the same way geckos forget about crickets if they are not starving. Giants may be as clever as the most well-learned of humans, or as bumbling and foolish as a toddler. Both intelligence and beastly stupidity have a different sort of fear attached to them.

They could match up equally in terms of hunger, rage, malice, greed, and blood-lust. If speaking is more terrifying than roars, either have had both. If ugliness is terrifying in such large proportions, either could be hideous beyond the lot of mortals. A dragon could be terrifying in its smallness where I giant could not, but small creatures are not so insurmountable a fear.

Depending on what world you inhabit, either could be the more terrifying. Dragons in one world may be masterful liars, but so were the giants of Harfang in The Silver Chair. If it came down to a beast or a human being the more terrifying, it may be easier to determine based on the situation, but dragons are as often sentient as not, so that line is more difficult to draw. It depends too heavily on the circumstance and what types of giants and dragons are already in the world. Even the unknown enemy may not be as feared as the known one, or vice versa.

The best I could say is that, if both are so large that one could hide out of sight, then the more terrifying one would be that which has the better sense for detecting those hidden (whether hearing, smell, et cetera) because it would then be much harder to escape.

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/kitra-skene

Haud Retene Haud Reverte

All resemblance to persons, people, friends, relatives, quotes, cultures, artificial intelligences, inside jokes, pets, unclaimed personalities, sentient objects, extra-terrestrials, inter-terrestrials, and draperies living, dead, undead, or comatose in any of my work are purely coincidental, incidental, circumstantial, inadvertent, unplanned, unforeseen, and unintentional. There's seriously no way I was referring to you. Honest.

The story so far:
Birthright: Eleventh chapter pending. 28280 words.
Heritage: First chapter drafted.
Legacy: Character and plot development stage.
Get a feel for the land. Visit Lor-Amar today!

Other novels on the brain:
Quicksilver
Shen'oh Story
Crusoe's Star
War Blazer
Seven Arts Story
The Queen's Knave
Polarians
Exile Realms
All Librarians Are Secret Agents

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:00 am 
Writer
Writer

Lady Kitra Skene wrote:
That depends on too many variables to say for certain.

Dragons may be nothing more than fire-breathing lizards, so just staying out of sight might be enough for them to become distracted the same way geckos forget about crickets if they are not starving. Giants may be as clever as the most well-learned of humans, or as bumbling and foolish as a toddler. Both intelligence and beastly stupidity have a different sort of fear attached to them.

They could match up equally in terms of hunger, rage, malice, greed, and blood-lust. If speaking is more terrifying than roars, either have had both. If ugliness is terrifying in such large proportions, either could be hideous beyond the lot of mortals. A dragon could be terrifying in its smallness where I giant could not, but small creatures are not so insurmountable a fear.

Depending on what world you inhabit, either could be the more terrifying. Dragons in one world may be masterful liars, but so were the giants of Harfang in The Silver Chair. If it came down to a beast or a human being the more terrifying, it may be easier to determine based on the situation, but dragons are as often sentient as not, so that line is more difficult to draw. It depends too heavily on the circumstance and what types of giants and dragons are already in the world. Even the unknown enemy may not be as feared as the known one, or vice versa.

The best I could say is that, if both are so large that one could hide out of sight, then the more terrifying one would be that which has the better sense for detecting those hidden (whether hearing, smell, et cetera) because it would then be much harder to escape.

Aye, there is so much to consider, so many variables to much for a clear winner....Unless it is a Cyborg Draagon THATS your GOAT. XD

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:02 am 
Captain
Captain

I am affected more by fear of giants than of dragons. There have been a lot more giant-antagonists than dragon-antagonists in the stories I've read, especially the stories I read when I was a child (The Giant's heart, Jack the Giant-killer, etcetera), so that's probably why I feel that way. Also, dragons are animals, whether intelligent or not, and I have always had more antipathy to humans than animals.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:28 pm 
Writer
Writer

Mistress Kidh wrote:
I am affected more by fear of giants than of dragons. There have been a lot more giant-antagonists than dragon-antagonists in the stories I've read, especially the stories I read when I was a child (The Giant's heart, Jack the Giant-killer, etcetera), so that's probably why I feel that way. Also, dragons are animals, whether intelligent or not, and I have always had more antipathy to humans than animals.

Same here, I think it is because they are so close to being human, it is just creepy like if an adult thought a baby would make a good snack, at least dragons are strongly defined as animals which makes them wanting to eat a person more natural. O.o

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]