Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Map of Solarii
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:58 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
Apologies if this isn't where the pictures go... I thought it would be where I would put it, but I wasn't completely sure.

One thing before I post links: yes, I'm aware that I'm the worst teenage artist ever, and I'm aware that my handwriting sucks. XD

That said, here are the links:

http://i49.tinypic.com/eafwp4.jpg (that's a picture of the whole map)
http://i48.tinypic.com/34dod2t.jpg (that's a picture of... the legend, I think it's called? Y'know, the code that says what color each terrain is in?)
http://i49.tinypic.com/eafwp4.jpg (a close-up of the continents, excluding the compass and the legend)
http://i47.tinypic.com/21agton.jpg (a close-up of the Eastern continent)
http://i45.tinypic.com/j81ocl.jpg (a close-up of the Western continent)
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ldawyb.jpg (a close-up of the Southern continent)
http://i47.tinypic.com/9tjxaa.jpg (the title-thingy-whatchamacallit)

And there you have it! ^.^ A word about two of the countries; Setay and Mysticalia (if you can even read my horrid handwriting): There are other words inside the country that indicate realms. For instance, the different colored spaces in Setay (the Southern continent) are kind of like realms--they're actually gateways to other worlds. Nuvolo; Vahalla; Fuegoso; Sombro; Erkalteng; Brise; and Acqua.
Fuegoso's area is red because it's a land of fire, whereas Erkalteng's is dark blue because it's a frozen wasteland, and etcetera.

Any comments are appreciated. ^^ Criticism shouldn't dishearten me, since I'm already aware that it's a badly-drawn map. XD

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Map of Solarii
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:37 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Are you a published author?: No
I think it's quite well-drawn really- of course you can work on your art skills, but that goes for everyone. ;) I like the style you used, coloring it and detailing it so well, I have trouble with that. :P I also like the names you used. ^_^

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

Sex: Female
You don't have horrid handwriting, Renna. :) In my opinion it's very pretty.

I adore the names you have chosen, they're very eye catching I think. :)

You have obviously taken time over your maps, and that's all that matters. :) I am hopeless at creating any sort of map; so I commend you for putting your effort into it. :) Well done.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:19 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Thanks, guys. :)

Yeah, some of the names I made up, and others I got from other languages. And I also got a few from the wine section in my store. Nobody in my family drinks, but one day me and my brother discovered that a lot of wines have extremely epic names. XD

Also, a note: "Siner Lake" was supposed to be "Siner Bay". I have NO IDEA how I managed to write lake instead of bay. XP

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:50 am 
Writer
Writer

Names from wine bottles...now there's an idea.

Renna the Gray wrote:

Also, a note: "Siner Lake" was supposed to be "Siner Bay". I have NO IDEA how I managed to write lake instead of bay. XP

I've done that more than once, which is why I usually draw in pencil and then color the lines over with permanent marker. I've still mixed names up and there's really no way to fix it. I even accidentally put the same name on one of my maps TWICE! XD That one was kind of hard to get around.

~ Psalm 73:25-26

Works in progress

The Skyriders Trilogy (outlining)

What Waits in Shadow (fantasy short story--editing)
The Stranger's Gift (fantasy short story--editing)
The Crystal Orb (fantasy short story--writing)
And too many half-started ideas to count

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:52 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Lord Tarin wrote:
Names from wine bottles...now there's an idea.

Renna the Gray wrote:

I've done that more than once, which is why I usually draw in pencil and then color the lines over with permanent marker. I've still mixed names up and there's really no way to fix it. I even accidentally put the same name on one of my maps TWICE! XD That one was kind of hard to get around.

That's a good idea, actually--I should do that the next time I draw up a map. XD

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:16 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Female
I love your map, Renna dear! I love the names you chose (and how you chose them, too). I think it is a very fine map. :)

"One should write of ordinary life as if one were writing history." Gustave Flaubert
"Writing is hard work and bad for your health." E.B. White
"The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean; not to affect your reader, but to affect him precisely as you wish." Robert Louis Stevenson
Writer's Block--when your imaginary friends don't talk to you.
"Creative minds are seldom tidy."
Careful--or you'll end up in my novel.

"Don't confuse wander-lust with wanting to be a missionary. There's a difference between wanting to see the World and wanting to serve it." Jamie Wright
“It takes so little to make a child happy, that it is a pity in a world full of sunshine and pleasant things, that there should be any wistful faces, empty hands, or lonely little hearts." Louisa May Alcott

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]