Login | Register

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Origins of Tira - Last Updated 2/10/2013
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:04 am 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
Creation:

In the beginning, this world was as a lump of blackened ash. It's surface was barren and lifeless, circling around a bright star which radiated light upon it's surface for naught. Then were created The Seven; The great white emperor, Alcheyon, the life-breather, Arda, the shaper, Mythros, the watcher, Entei, and the guardians, Ashal, Lukian, and Medae.

Then, the Creator sent down one of his first seed, to show the Seven what was to be done in this place. And the first seed told the Seven that they had been given the power to create in their own likeness, but only once would they be permitted do this.

And so Mythros made two and forty-eight thousand, two like himself, but of lower stature, and he named them Kalchar, and Mystus. The forty-eight thousand he made many times smaller than he or his counterparts, who stood up to their ankles, and he called them the Precursors to those who would come after, and instructed them to watch over this world.

Then Alcheyon, the white dragon, created eleven others in his own likeness, and named each of them. And Arda, his companion did likewise, naming each of her eleven. And the twelve were bonded one to each other, Leviathans and Dragons became as one race. One to dominate the land and the sky, and the other to dominate the seas and the molten core. And their seed were the Dragons, Wyverns, Raedra and Hydra of olden times.

Entei, the watcher created fifteen in his own image, and granted them all a portion of his white fire, and from that day forward they were known as Phoenixes, the white sages whom the people would consult in their times of need.

And then The Three created each seven more in their own images, so that there were 24 guardians in all.

Then the first seed instructed all of them to labor in making this world into a place of beauty, which could sustain much life. And they did such, using the powers they had been granted to heat and shape stone into mountains, to bring forth crystals and metals and lay them down in the shell of the world, to cool and breathe air into the skies, to create the energies of the world and make the firmaments flash with lightning and water, to bring forth plants and trees and fruit. And when their labor was done, the Creator came down to view it for himself, and he was pleased with their work. Then, from his First Seed He drew 12 pairs of creatures created in His own image, male and female, to inhabit it and populate it,

The Arathians, people of caretaking, to them he gave the ability to forge bonds which could not be broken across any distance, and which could tell them of their friends condition and emotions.

The Rikallians, people of hardship, to whom he gave a more hardy constitution and a denser body so that they could face the difficulties ahead with confidence and vigor.

The Loukrians, people of tools, who built and crafted and forged many great works of artisan-ship, and were unsurpassed in the beauty of their craft.

The Ooudians, people of travel, whose veins boiled with the desire to see all that they could and to explore and learn and conquer the challenges of mountains and caves.

The Kytherans, people of knowledge, who studied greatly and delved into the secrets of the universe to discover all that they could.

The Xysian, people of latency, who drew out the hidden properties of the world and delved into science creating machines of unrivaled complexity.

The Zyntians, people of nature, who were skilled in agriculture and medicine, and tamed the creatures of the wilds.

The Amadosians, people of construction, who in stature were like the Precursors made by Mythros, they delved into the earth and hewed cities out of solid stone and were able to build complex and intricate architecture like no other race.

The Aedolians, people of the sea, who could swim beneath it's waves and withstand the pressure of it's waters to build and search and hunt within it.

The Amara, people of dreams, who were wiser than any other race and discerning well past their years from youth, they sought knowledge and wisdom consistently.

And the Illune, people of vision, who could foresee events before they came to pass but whose lives were cut shorter than any other race.

And also He created animals, sea, sky, and land, and the Aldraziin, talking animals of great intelligence.

Then the Creator split the world into seven frames, and he named them thusly, The three that would be inhabited by the new creatures, Tira, Lakai, Miridos, and the four that would serve other purposes, A'el, the garden, Au, the golden mountains, Tabula, the library, and the haven, Silvaria, The Silver Shores.

Then he gave each of the races a piece of the lands, and separated the frames from each other, within Tira he placed the Arathians, the Rikallians, the Loukrians, and the Kytherans. Within Miridos he placed the Xysians, the Ooudians, and the Zyntians. And within Lakai he placed the Amadosians, the Aedolians, the Amara, and the Illune.

The other four frames he gave to the Seven and their kin, though he did not restrict them from entering or dwelling within Tira, Lakai, or Miridos and among the peoples that inhabited those places. Save for Silvaria, whom only the guardians Ashal, Lukian and Medae were allowed to enter along with their kin.

Then the Creator withdrew for a time, to see what would become of this world. (Though He knew already.)

Only a short time passed until Lukian became suspicious of the twelve races to whom the Creator had gifted Tira, Lakai and Miridos. Lukian held council with Medae who became suspicious also of their true nature, for the two of them perceived that the twelve were innocent, but not perfect as they themselves were. They suspected that the true nature of the twelve was not good, and that they did not deserve the places they had been given. So Lukian and Medae consulted Ashal and argued with him about the future of the twelve, but Ashal was unmoved and chose to believe that the Creator had a purpose in making the twelve as He did, and that Lukian and Medae were mistaken in believing them to be unworthy of the things they were given.

However Lukian and Medae's suspicions did not grow cold, they chose to test the Twelve and to see whether their suspicions were true, and whether or not the Creator would do something about it. And so they went from race to race, tempting and whispering in their ears and every one of the Twelve fell and chose their own path of evil, according to what they had been told by Lukian and Medae. In this way the two of them discovered that the innocence of the Twelve was not near perfection. Before long Ashal discovered the truth of what Lukian and Medae had done, and that the Twelve had fallen into a darkened state, and that the world they had labored so hard to create had fallen as well. And so Ashal and his seven confronted Lukian and Medae and their sevens.

And Ashal told them of the knowledge which only he had been imparted with by the first seed, the representative of the Creator. That there had been another world before this one, that still exited even now in a palce seperate from this, and that a great work had been done long ago to redeem it. And Lukian and Medae were stunned by this revelation, that imperfect beings should be treated with such favor and mercy.

But Ashal accused them of being imperfect themselves because of such reasonings. Then Lukian and Medae became greatly angered and decided in secret to destroy Ashal and his seven with their powers combined. But Ashal protected his seven in death, and they flew from The Silver Shores to consult and seek refuge with Alcheyon and Arda, and Mythros, and Entei. And when Ashal's seven made known to the four of them of what had happened, they became greatly distressed and sought to tell the Creator. And when they had, the Creator told them that these things must come to pass, and that they would be revealed to greater good in times not yet come.

And so He told Ashal's Seven to relay the truth of the work of mercy that had been done long ago to redeem the first world to whomever would listen. And to tell them that this offer was still extended.

Then He charged Alcheyon, and Arda, and Mythros and Entei to protect their people and the Twelve Races from Lukian and Medae and their kin. And because of the treachery that was found in their souls he renamed them, Lukian became Baal, and Medae became Meggido.

And so Arda and Alcheyon and Mythros and Entei went down to protect the three realms of the Twelve from Baal and Meggido.

But the two of them did nothing, instead they bided their time, whispering in the darkness to reluctant ears and waiting for their chance to exact their justice on the Twelve.

This is the history of Tira as we know it...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The Origins of Tira
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Congrats on getting a subforum! :D

I'm a little confused by this article...could you give a summarized version? It sounds interesting! :cool:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:37 am 
Writer
Writer

Lycanis Mimetes wrote:
Congrats on getting a subforum! :D

I'm a little confused by this article...could you give a summarized version? It sounds interesting! :cool:

Summarized... :beg: What exactly do you mean? o.O

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:55 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Well, as an example I will try to summarize at least part of it and we'll see if I got it right, if I didn't you'll hopefully know what I mean so you can set me straight. ;)

TearsWeHaveShed wrote:
The old legends tell of a time when nothing existed at all. The Creator stretched out his hand and formed the void, and within it He placed billions upon billions of stars and planets and celestial bodies. One planet in particular would be used to fulfill His purpose, on it He brought forth water, and land, and in them He created fish, birds, beasts and insects, and finally The Ancients, to rule over it all. The angels also He created, and other beings. But the Creator’s second rebelled against Him and took one third of the angels into his company, where they were twisted into demons. The second made a deal with the craftiest of all beasts on the Earth, the Serpent, and he deceived the Ancients and made them fall into sin before the Creator's sight, and so He cursed the Ancients with death, indeed even all creation. Yet the Creator had a plan to redeem The Ancients from before He even formed them. That plan came to fruition when the Creator Himself became man and died to pay the price for their choices. When that world ended the Ancients were set free from death, from the curse. Their world became new and was joined with Heaven, The Celestial City.

This is basically what has and will happen in real life, right? In our universe? A summary would be something like: "The Creator made the Heavens and the Earth and put all the animals on it and among those He put the ancients, who rebelled and then some were redeemed in the end."
Not a perfect example, and a little overly summarized I suppose, but basically I'm wanting a bit of an alternate and shorter/simplified explanation, if that's not too much trouble. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:59 am 
Writer
Writer

Ahha! I see... But... Where would I place such a summarization? *blinks*

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:20 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Here would be fine, if you have the time and want to. I just want to be sure I understand your world...you could just post it as a reply to me as if I had just asked a question about your world.
If it's too much trouble don't bother yourself over it, I can reread the main article maybe someday and I might get it then.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:10 pm 
Writer
Writer

Well at it's most basic level, it's saying that the Ancients were us, and my world was created after ours was redeemed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:10 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

TearsWeHaveShed wrote:
Well at it's most basic level, it's saying that the Ancients were us, and my world was created after ours was redeemed.

Okay that's what I thought, but wasn't sure, thanks. :D Your world sounds interesting, I hope I can come visit more later and do some exploring! :cool:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:36 pm 
Writer
Writer

-Last Updated 9/15/2012

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The Origins of Tira - Last Updated 9/14/2012
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:27 pm 
Writer
Writer

Last Updated: 2/10/2013

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]