Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Professor Lechester Owald teaches about Calamilan Magic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:16 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
(As I wrote this in character for the good Professor, and it is a highly public article (in this kingdom), the I's have been changed to Y's as is Calamilan custom. The exception is when an I is the first letter in a world. In other words, "Impossible" is spelled "Impossyble." The only exception to that rule is when the Y is the first letter of a person or place which is capitalized.)

The magyc of Calamyle and the Yslands is a symple law of nature, not a technyque. Rather than learnyng to master a power, the magyc is merely there. Nor has it been bestowed upon one race or one specyes. It symply is. These magycs do not dwell in persons, rather they have a natural qualyty, an inherent trayt, that resydes wythyn these items.

In logycal reasonyng then, one may see that there is no good or evil magyc. These unyque items are not influenced by the power or precysyon of its wyelder, as a bean is no more lykely to grow into a great plant because of who planted it. Skyll does not affect then, the power of the item. The effectiveness of the object in such magycal propertyes can vary in how well one may use these new abylytyes, but that is irrelevant for scyentyfyc and magylyfyc studyes. Take for instance a key of magycal propertyes that allows it to change shape and syze. It is true the wyelder has control over what shape it takes, but merely by pressyng it to the keyhole and it wyll instantly conform to the needed fyt. How he uses it is also of no concern, whether he use it for better or for worse. The key can only preform by the law gyven it by nature, and if the buffoon who uses it knows not how to use such a key it is because he knows not even the workings of the average key at all, thus may the matter be settled!

The workyngs of these items are most curyous and a begynner must study further on thys matter. My words now are most insuffycyent, and one myght consyder readyng my text Lechester Owald's Study of the Wonder of the Magycal Propertyes Invested in the Shyftyngkey and the Starscope Among Many Other Objects. The manuscrypt bryngs to lyght such things that have been hydden in darkness these years. The workyngs of these items, as have been evydenced, are natural and inherent essences of the way thys world works in those objects. But the study of why these thyngs are unlyke the others of theyr kynd, and thus makyng them magycal, goes to the roots of all Createdness. The base pryncypal is thys then, that these natural happenyngs of rare items were imbued wyth theyr magyc at the dawn of tyme, as all other pryncyples were. Thys is the basys for the further study of the magyc of our land.

- Prof. Lechester Owald

(This is, as of now, a brief but fairly complete summary of the magic of the land of Calamile, unless I find something requiring further work. That is not to say this is the end of the magic system for this world. It is, however, the basis for which I will expand upon later.)

Untitled WIP - Plotting Stage

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Professor Lechester Owald teaches about Calamilan Magic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:52 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
Nicely presented essay, Professor. And by the way, I very much like the look and idea of Calamilan writing. :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Professor Lechester Owald teaches about Calamilan Magic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:32 am 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
Thanks, Lady Eliana! :)

Untitled WIP - Plotting Stage

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]