Login | Register

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Crossing The Border
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:35 pm 
Captain
Captain

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: Yes

You crossed the border, and you are now in my realm, the place that Rwebhu Kidh calls home. Well come, traveller.

I hope you find much to interest you, and don't get lost. If you do, ask for directions from the nearest person, or go to the Great Signpost and take your bearings from there. If that does not help, then – * thinks * – I guess you're stuck lost. :D

A lot of things here are different, so watch your step – you're not even safe when it comes to 'North is to the left when you are facing West', or '2 plus 2 equals 4'. Though you can rest assured that it is impolite to read someone's mind without permission. :D

Have fun exploring!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Crossing The Border
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:18 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
o.O *wanders into Ccwiicc* *realizes where he is*
You finally got a subforum! :dieshappy: I'm looking forward to exploring! Good thing my medical insurance is in effect now. ^_^

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:21 pm 
Captain
Captain

Thanks for the welcome, Juliet. It's going to be fun to explore your world. :D

....::::My Blog::::....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:34 pm 
Captain
Captain

I've been enjoying seeing all the pictures you have with your posts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:39 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Jonathan Garner wrote:

Yeah, me too! They are really cool, and add a nice touch to each thread. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:07 pm 
Captain
Captain

Lycanis Mimetes wrote:
o.O *wanders into Ccwiicc* *realizes where he is*
You finally got a subforum! :dieshappy: I'm looking forward to exploring! Good thing my medical insurance is in effect now. ^_^

* grabs hand and shakes lots and lots * A Wolf! I'm so glad you are here. I hope you have fun exploring. I don't know how I am going to do with having a sub-forum...I was kind of reluctant to ask for one...I don't talk about my world much. But I'll do my best. :)

Jonathan Garner wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, Juliet. It's going to be fun to explore your world. :D
Thankyou for visiting, Jonathan. It is an honor. I am particularly glad for your input. :)

Lycanis Mimetes wrote:
Jonathan Garner wrote:

Yeah, me too! They are really cool, and add a nice touch to each thread. :D
Thankyou. * curtsies * I wanted to draw the signpost, then I thought it might be cool to have it on the thread. Then I thought it might be cool to draw some more. I love drawing, I just need ideas for things to draw, so it was a nice opportunity.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:41 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Lady Rwebhu Kidh wrote:
* grabs hand and shakes lots and lots * A Wolf! I'm so glad you are here. I hope you have fun exploring. I don't know how I am going to do with having a sub-forum...I was kind of reluctant to ask for one...I don't talk about my world much. But I'll do my best. :)

Thank you. *bows* Hmm...I might be able to help poke you to once I finish exploring your world. :twisted:

Lady Rwebhu Kidh wrote:
Thankyou. * curtsies * I wanted to draw the signpost, then I thought it might be cool to have it on the thread. Then I thought it might be cool to draw some more. I love drawing, I just need ideas for things to draw, so it was a nice opportunity.

Well, I hope it becomes a pattern on your subforum, it sets it apart in a really neat way. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:50 pm 
Captain
Captain

Lycanis Mimetes wrote:
Lady Rwebhu Kidh wrote:

Well, I hope it becomes a pattern on your subforum, it sets it apart in a really neat way. :D

I agree. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:59 am 
Captain
Captain

Location: Following my Father through the wilderness of sojourning.
If I may ask, how does one pronounce "Ccwiicc"?

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/kitra-skene

Haud Retene Haud Reverte

All resemblance to persons, people, friends, relatives, quotes, cultures, artificial intelligences, inside jokes, pets, unclaimed personalities, sentient objects, extra-terrestrials, inter-terrestrials, and draperies living, dead, undead, or comatose in any of my work are purely coincidental, incidental, circumstantial, inadvertent, unplanned, unforeseen, and unintentional. There's seriously no way I was referring to you. Honest.

The story so far:
Birthright: Eleventh chapter pending. 28280 words.
Heritage: First chapter drafted.
Legacy: Character and plot development stage.
Get a feel for the land. Visit Lor-Amar today!

Other novels on the brain:
Quicksilver
Shen'oh Story
Crusoe's Star
War Blazer
Seven Arts Story
The Queen's Knave
Polarians
Exile Realms
All Librarians Are Secret Agents

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:10 pm 
Captain
Captain

Jonathan Garner wrote:
Lycanis Mimetes wrote:
Lady Rwebhu Kidh wrote:

I agree. :D

I'll do my best. :)

Lady Kitra Mimetes wrote:
If I may ask, how does one pronounce "Ccwiicc"?
Really quick. * grins * Sorry, I couldn't resist.... It is pronounced that way though. I used to spell it Kwik, and still do on occasion, but Rwebhu didn't like that. She wanted me to be consistent. :P She's bossy.

But that is actually only the abbreviated version. I rarely give Rwemun names in full, because – well, I would have a hard time pronouncing them constantly. The real name is... * pauses * Let me ask....

oNiirwiccrwuneggccwiicc.

Heh.

Sir Inesdar Ternis wrote:
*looks around for a sign * Boy am I lost! I wonder where I... oh look... there I am... I'm in Ccwicc! Alright *looks at map * if Ccwicc is here, and I want to get here then... oh boy.. I really did wander far out of my way.

*looks up *

Oh! Juliet fancy meeting you here!
0.0 * takes map and hides it behind her back * You can't leave yet! You must explore first!

Oh, and yes I understand it is rather odd for you to be meeting me here, but Rwebhu is very tired from a Trying Ordeal she just went through, so I am doing my best. She is cranky and long winded when she is tired. * blithe smile *

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:13 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Location: The Running Rivers, Tall Forests, and Mighty Mountains of the Northwest
Just when I thought I'd seen everything your family had up their sleeves. The conversations that you must have... :shock:

I really love what I've seen here so far. But I've got to say that when I read Ccwiicc, I mentally pronounce it has k-ch-wik-ch. I haven't the foggiest idea where that came from, but then you said it was pronounced "quick"...I almost felt linguisticly let-down. ;)

Redemption is to be purchased, to have a price paid. So I was redeemed from my master sin, and from justice, which demanded my death. For He paid the price of sin by becoming sin, and met the demands of justice by dying for us.

For all men have a master. But a man cannot have two masters. For he will love one and hate the other. You cannot serve God and sin. So I die to the old, as He died, and I am resurrected to the new, as He was resurrected.

Note: Ebed is Hebrew for bondsman, Eleutheros is Greek for unrestrained (not a slave).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:30 am 
Captain
Captain

Neil Mimetes wrote:
Just when I thought I'd seen everything your family had up their sleeves.
Hm? * raises eyebrows innocently *

Neil Mimetes wrote:
The conversations that you must have...
* swallow * You don't want to know.... The really cool thing about our conversations, though, is that Papa and Mama are just as interesting conversation starters as we are. It was Papa's idea to discuss the idea of portraying the ancient great men (like Eber) as connected to the Dunedain in some way in our really really historical fiction we are working on. :)

Neil Mimetes wrote:
I really love what I've seen here so far.
I'm very glad. * smiles *

Neil Mimetes wrote:
But I've got to say that when I read Ccwiicc, I mentally pronounce it has k-ch-wik-ch. I haven't the foggiest idea where that came from, but then you said it was pronounced "quick"...I almost felt linguisticly let-down.
* rolls that over her tongue several times * Cool word... But no, not the word I was getting at. :P Rwano doesn't even have the 'ch' sound. Sorry you got that. I did the double 'c' for 'k' because single 'c' stands for the 's' sound, in the Rwano phonetic system.

I know what you mean about feeling linguistically let down... :( If it'll make you feel any better, though, you could try saying the full version of it. * grin * Speaking of which, it isn't actually what I said was up there, it's oNiircgrwewxyiiwunccwiicc. I knew there was a mistake somewhere in there.... It means 'bloody cup'. * smiles * Yes, Lycanis, I know I told you it meant rock earlier...and it does, but that's as a derivative, sort of. It's derivation is 'bloody cup'. Meaning, it means 'bloody cup', but it is also a synonym for 'rock'. * nodnod * I like Rwano....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:04 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Location: The Running Rivers, Tall Forests, and Mighty Mountains of the Northwest
What's the value of a doubled vowel /ii/ as opposed to a single vowel /i/. Is /x/ pronounced as in English. Is /y/ pronounced as in /yes/ or as in /-ly/.

Your consonant clusters are very fun.

Redemption is to be purchased, to have a price paid. So I was redeemed from my master sin, and from justice, which demanded my death. For He paid the price of sin by becoming sin, and met the demands of justice by dying for us.

For all men have a master. But a man cannot have two masters. For he will love one and hate the other. You cannot serve God and sin. So I die to the old, as He died, and I am resurrected to the new, as He was resurrected.

Note: Ebed is Hebrew for bondsman, Eleutheros is Greek for unrestrained (not a slave).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:44 pm 
Captain
Captain

<ii> is kit. <i> is kite. <x> is a sound that I have not heard of in any language (though Patrick might have seen it somewhere) – <b> with the tongue on the upper lip. <y> is yes.

* nods * Definitely.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:49 pm 
Captain
Captain

Oh, the <e> the <g> and the <u> are different too. <e> is pronounced sort of like half between met and hate (though it's sort of an accent nitpick – either of those would be fine to use I suppose, they'd just know you aren't a native :D). <g> is a sound that is in Hebrew, sort of a <kh>, voiced, and very deep in the throat. <u> is like in blue, not like cup.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:11 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Lady Rwebhu Kidh wrote:
<ii> is kit. <i> is kite. <x> is a sound that I have not heard of in any language (though Patrick might have seen it somewhere) – <b> with the tongue on the upper lip. <y> is yes.

* nods * Definitely.

Might <x> be a glottal fricative? *hopes*

Lady Rwebhu Kidh wrote:
Oh, the <e> the <g> and the <u> are different too. <e> is pronounced sort of like half between met and hate (though it's sort of an accent nitpick – either of those would be fine to use I suppose, they'd just know you aren't a native :D). <g> is a sound that is in Hebrew, sort of a <kh>, voiced, and very deep in the throat. <u> is like in blue, not like cup.

<g> is a voiced glottal stop?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

Neil of Erk wrote:
No... ;) You know how you say <b>? Your lips are together, but they part plosively to produce the sound. <x> is the same, except it's not your lips – it's your upper lip and your tongue. * cocks head and hopes that was clear *

Neil of Erk wrote:
Glottal stops are normally voiced, aren't they? Unless you're sick, or whispering, of course... ;) But no...actually it's more like the fricative glottal stop you mentioned above, I think. It's like gargling, you know? You do <k>. You do <k> fricative. You do it fricative and voiced. Then you do that way down deep in your throat, as far as you can go.

Oh, and <o> isn't pronounced joke. The <o>, <i>, <a>, an so on, sounds are not single vowels, you know – they are vowels doubled with <y> and <w>, which are sort of half vowels. <o> is the cut sound with <w>. But what I mean by <o> here is the met sound with <w> on it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:57 pm 
Writer
Writer

*walks forward* Oh! I'm in Ccwiicc! Well looks like I'm stuck here for good if Rwebhu doesn't give us the map. :rofl:

~ Yours truly, Blayne B. Trent

"Home isn't where you live. Home is where you feel safe; whether it's four walls and a roof over your head, or with the people you love. That's home."

Sub-ForumYou can clicks it! :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:50 pm 
Captain
Captain

Lieutenant Mopa wrote:
*walks forward* Oh! I'm in Ccwiicc! Well looks like I'm stuck here for good if Rwebhu doesn't give us the map. :rofl:
Let's see...do you have anything important to do in the near future? * contemplates letting you be stuck here for awhile, so you'll have to explore * * grins *

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:56 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Returns six months later to finish the conversation.

Lady Rwebhu Kidh wrote:
Neil of Erk wrote:
No... ;) You know how you say <b>? Your lips are together, but they part plosively to produce the sound. <x> is the same, except it's not your lips – it's your upper lip and your tongue. * @#!*% head and hopes that was clear *

Yes, that was clear. What you are describing is a mono-labial (I believe that is the right word) version of <b> which is bi-labial (that means two lips). I actually use that same sound in one of my languages (but I can't recall which one). Another example of a mono-labial vowel is /f/ which is actually articulated with the lower lip against the upper teeth (labio-dental, technically).

Neil of Erk wrote:
Lady Rwebhu Kidh wrote:
Glottal stops are normally voiced, aren't they? Unless you're sick, or whispering, of course... ;) But no...actually it's more like the fricative glottal stop you mentioned above, I think. It's like gargling, you know? You do <k>. You do <k> fricative. You do it fricative and voiced. Then you do that way down deep in your throat, as far as you can go.

Oh, and <o> isn't pronounced joke. The <o>, <i>, <a>, an so on, sounds are not single vowels, you know – they are vowels doubled with <y> and <w>, which are sort of half vowels. <o> is the cut sound with <w>. But what I mean by <o> here is the met sound with <w> on it.

OK, so it's a glottal fricative. Very difficult to learn to pronounce (at least for me) :( .

Those would be called diphthongs...I like using <o> as the character for that sound, btw. Your sound system seems to be very well thought out.

*goes off to explore Ccwiicc for a while.

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next