Login | Register

Post subject: Non-Fiction Guidelines
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:47 pm 
Captain
Captain

Location: Following my Father through the wilderness of sojourning.
Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: Yes
Welcome to Non-Fiction!

This is the room devoted to articles, essays, logic, discussion, and opinions. As such, please adhere to the following guidelines so that discussion and critique will remain wholesome and edifying.

Treat this room as a Fireside room for posting things you have written. Topics for brainstorming or the open exchange of opinions belong in Tricky Subjects, Writing Discussion, or General Discussion.

Critique and proof-reading are excellent! However, do not use a thread to disagree with the opinions expressed. Keep comments helpful and offer advice on how to better express an opinion, create a more reasonable argument, and make things more interesting to read. Help the other non-fiction writers to express themselves well rather than telling them to express something else.

Keep your writing clean. We are still a forum with young members, so threads here must stay appropriate for our audiences. If you have written about a topic that has mature content, please take it to Tricky Subjects.

Be encouraging! As with any writing, one must start somewhere, so balance critique with encouragement.

Good writing! May your pens never run dry.

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/kitra-skene

Haud Retene Haud Reverte

All resemblance to persons, people, friends, relatives, quotes, cultures, artificial intelligences, inside jokes, pets, unclaimed personalities, sentient objects, extra-terrestrials, inter-terrestrials, and draperies living, dead, undead, or comatose in any of my work are purely coincidental, incidental, circumstantial, inadvertent, unplanned, unforeseen, and unintentional. There's seriously no way I was referring to you. Honest.

The story so far:
Birthright: Eleventh chapter pending. 28280 words.
Heritage: First chapter drafted.
Legacy: Character and plot development stage.
Get a feel for the land. Visit Lor-Amar today!

Other novels on the brain:
Quicksilver
Shen'oh Story
Crusoe's Star
War Blazer
Seven Arts Story
The Queen's Knave
Polarians
Exile Realms
All Librarians Are Secret Agents

Offline Profile