Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: The Character Role Playing room and how to use it
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:50 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
Most of you who will be using this room are likely coming from recently archived Character Introductions. Or you might be a new user to the forum. Or you might be an old user, and new to the concept of Character Role Playing. Whichever you are, you still need to understand how this new system works.

To get started, go to the 'Introductions' thread and post all of your new Character names and a brief description of them. Once that's done, you can go to the 'General Conversation' thread to get all of them welcomed, greeted, etc. You can carry on general conversations (hence the title) in this thread. As soon as an event (such as a duel, battle, or quest) starts, you should start a new thread for it, and move all the action pertaining to that event to the new thread, leaving 'General Conversation' more tidy and manageable. The title of that thread should include the kind of event taking place in ALL-CAPS after the title. (example: "Kimun vs. Iri - DUEL") It is up to you whether or not you want it to be 'realistic' and have your character in more than one place at once.

You are also allowed to start your own threads, for interactions directed specifically towards your own character. These threads don't need to stem off of the General Conversation thread, and should be entitled as following: <Character Name> - <REASON>. For example, if I wanted a thread where other characters could challenge mine to a duel, I would name the thread: 'Elanhil - DUELS'.

If anyone begins to bring a thread off of it's original intent, a moderator will come and post a kind reminder to stay on topic, like anywhere else in the forums.

So...all that being said, get on out there and jump into the mayhem! If you have any questions ask them in the RP Q & A thread.

If you see me use the big grin, you know something special has happened:       Uses so far: 8

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]