Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Corh, Creatures of the Voids
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:57 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
Space life, whether it is plants, animals, or creatures with the Image of God, are called Corh. It can be pronounced Cor (some people in Iniel do), but the way I pronounce "rh" is like an H with the tongue in the R position, without a trill.

There are dragons that are Corh, but I have not developed them enough to post yet.

The most developed are the Cun: I have these threads about them:
http://www.holyworlds.org/fantasy/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=3623&p=112934#p112934
http://www.holyworlds.org/fantasy/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3622
http://www.holyworlds.org/scifi/posting.php?mode=edit&f=66&p=19287
http://www.holyworlds.org/scifi/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1146

Tsahraf is Hebrew, meaning to refine, cast, melt, purge away, try.

Chahsid Mimetes means Follower of the Holy One, or saint.

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
I Corinthians 11:1

May Sir Emeth Mimetes find you doing this.
Thank you, in Gods name, thank you.

My Book on Amazon.

Come see the Sub-forum for my Otherworld.

One of my posts: Introducing You to Iniel (third update)

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Corh, Creatures of the Voids
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 am 
Writer
Writer

Are you a published author?: No
Is Corh a race, then? And you mention plants, animals, and creatures with the image of God. Are those creatures much like humans, or are they very different?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Thank you for your question Ivan L. Holt!(...L. Holt, you Spanish?)

Here is a quote from the introduction thread, and a link to it:
http://www.holyworlds.org/fantasy/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=4781

Quote:
The many different races bearing the Image of God are divided into five Orders.

Human:
In the Human Order there is only one race, and it is identical to Adams race. But in Iniel the term human only applies to a man that is not of any of the other races.

Superman:
A race of Supermen is a race of men with something added or altered; a Superman means a man beyond man.

As examples of Superman races, there are headless men, men with horses heads, men with wings, men with one spiders eye between their eyes, men with hands that are backwards on their wrists, and so on.

Gnome:
A race of Gnomes is a race that can have forms of lesser substance, meaning they could disappear, or be indistinct, or be little more than thought.

Or, instead of having lesser substance, they could have a visible form that disagrees with their tangible form. I have only known George Macdonald to use this: in The Princess and Curdie, Curdie is given the power to tell, by feeling a persons hand, what sort of animal that person is at heart (and which he will eventually become): when he feels their hands he feels part of whatever animal they are tending towards, though their hand does not look any different.

Shapeshifter:
A Shapeshifter race has a Human, Superman, or Gnome form, but can change into at least one other form, which can be practically anything.

Even if some one could have been able to shapeshift, but was disabled, he would still be a Shapeshifter, just as a person may be lame and yet still be human. And if some one gains the ability to shapeshift, but does not inherit the ability from his ancestors, he is not a Shapeshifter.

Image:
In Iniel it is difficult to make a picture of anything, especially of animals, and more especially of men. Any of the more lifelike images of people can potentially become alive, though not necessarily able to move. And more simple pictures, such as pictographs, can have a lesser kind of power.

These are the basic categories, I will go into the subcategories in other threads: keep a look out for them.

Corh is more of a category of creatures based on their environment: the Voids: Space. Anything that lives in space is Corh.

Other than dragon like creatures or cun like creatures I do not have any definite ideas for creatures that live in the Voids. Have you seen creatures of outer space used in other stories?

My Book on Amazon.

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:31 pm 
Writer
Writer

Tsahraf wrote:
Thank you for your question Ivan L. Holt!(...L. Holt, you Spanish?)

Haha! No, I am not Spanish. The name actually comes from an old Methodist preacher.

Tsahraf wrote:
Other than dragon like creatures or cun like creatures I do not have any definite ideas for creatures that live in the Voids. Have you seen creatures of outer space used in other stories?

The clarification helps. I really have not seen space dwelling creatures in fantasy stories. Would be cool to see how it plays out!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 am 

Tsahraf wrote:

There's the eldila in Lewis's Space Trilogy ... (though they're more "creatures of everywhere but Earth" than "creatures of outer space", admittedly.)

Author of A Year in Verse, a self-published illustrated collection of poetry: available in paperback and on Kindle.

My blog includes the following "departments":
  • Background on the Shine Cycle, my planned fantasy series, spanning over two centuries of an imagined world's history, several universes (including various alternate histories and our own future), and the stories of dozens of characters (many from our world).
  • Strategic Primer, a strategy game I'm developing, played by email, assisted by programs I'm developing. The current campaign (moving slowly, less than one turn a month) always needs more players.
  • My poetry.
  • Miscellaneous essays.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:53 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

If I remember correctly the Eldila inspired me for multiple things, and part of their description might have inspired me about the cun, but I never really thought of them as space dwellers, though of course now that you mention it I suppose they are. Can you think of any others?

My Book on Amazon.

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:32 pm 

The only others I can think of are the quaddies in Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan Saga (which is science fiction), but they're not creatures of <em>vacuum</em> so much as creatures designed for free-fall (no gravity) but pressurized environments. And Larry Niven had a short story called "The Integral Trees" (which I've had described to me in some detail, a while ago, but haven't read) that apparently describes a full ecosystem in orbit.

Author of A Year in Verse, a self-published illustrated collection of poetry: available in paperback and on Kindle.

My blog includes the following "departments":
  • Background on the Shine Cycle, my planned fantasy series, spanning over two centuries of an imagined world's history, several universes (including various alternate histories and our own future), and the stories of dozens of characters (many from our world).
  • Strategic Primer, a strategy game I'm developing, played by email, assisted by programs I'm developing. The current campaign (moving slowly, less than one turn a month) always needs more players.
  • My poetry.
  • Miscellaneous essays.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]