Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Captain America
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:33 pm 
Editor
Editor

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
Hey, I didn't see a thread for this...

So, this is for discussion on the Captain America franchise, beginning in 2011 with Captain America: The First Avenger. I did see all of The First Avenger, but, I don't remember much and that was before I got really interested in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Yesterday, the Captain America: The Winter Soldier trailer was released, but Marvel just put it up on their official channel today. Here it is.

I'm planning on doing a frame-by-frame breakdown, 'cause after everyone got so much plot-points/details correct from doing that with Iron Man 3, I figured I could try to find out which scenes belonged 'together', and which they were piecing together, like the part where The Winter Soldier blows up that bullet-ridden SUV - the scene before that, he was handed a 'regular-looking gun', perhaps an AR-15 or something, and when he steps aside to let the SUV crash by him, he is holding a weapon with a shorter barrel and no magazine, so they aren't the same weapon.

Balec can erase the memories of others. He has the powers and talents of a gorilla, but only for five minutes at a time. Balec is protected by an adamantium-like hide and can transform any sloth into air, and can transform kevlar into ice. Balec has been known to absorb the damage from energy-based attacks and redirect it against any combatant in sight. He can tunnel through solid plastic, but doing so drains his endurance for one hour. Balec is able to view distant locations with his mind.
He can force creatures to freeze in place and can become tiny. Sadly, Balec becomes ugly in the presence of silver, and struggles with being unable to smell.

"When does school end? Every moment of life teaches you something." ~Philosopher Balec, Dec. 2nd, 2014 (Profound sayings)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Captain America
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:42 pm 
Writer
Writer

I was about to make the thread yesterday, but I forgot. XD

Anyway... Note: This are my guesses

At first they are nearing "the drop zone" and cap jumps without a parachute. Then (who says: I joined Shield to protect people? Does it sound like cap?) he talks to this guy (while in a second scene Cap and Widow are in some kind of Shield area); and Nick Fury comes out of his helicopter(?) and enters a modern house.(?) Then Widow and Falcon are seen, as Cap stares at computers(?) and they (I'm guessing Cap and Fury because of the scene after it) goes down an elevator, and both Cap a Fury stare at the knew Helicarier. Shooting starts; you see Winter Soldier facing an explosion, a few people lying on the ground; then Widow and Cap are facing an operating room (?); then Cap is in a house. Then BOOM the upgraded Helicarrier, instead of 'fans' it is (I'm guessing) powered by something like Iron Man's repulsers; planes being carried to the Helicarrier. Then a bunch of bad guys with guns begin firing, if you stop at 1:15 you will see Winter Soldier with them. Cars fly, you see Widow; then Winter Soldier (I'm guessing after the SUV explosion later). New Helicarrier comes out, Fury and Cap again, more of the Helicarrier. And Shield agents come into an elevator with Cap (source Comic Con), and everyone is on the floor except Cap, who gets his shield once more. Cap is walking somewhere and you see his picture behind, possibly a poster? Then a contemplating Cap, a Cap who is running through an office (?), Cap who smashes someone; then an explosion sending three men flying (?), Cap and Widow helping each other (with another explosion maybe?), then Cap carrying Widow. Guys rappelling down a building, and Cap wearing civilian clothing jumps from a car. Explosions, Winter Soldier being handed a gun (with a barrel as Balec mentioned). Fury. And a car the bursts by Winter Soldier's mini-Cap-shield, and then notice that the Winter soldier is holding something similar to the 1:18 clip. Winter Soldier without his mouth covering, (although blurry you still can see his metal arm). Cap angry face. Falcon ready for flying, Cap and Falcon on a bridge, then Falcon shoots a plane and falls, but he has wings! Cap and Winter Soldier fighting hand to hand, or rather hand to knife. Cap rides his bike, Widow and her stunts, Cap and his bike facing a plane. Cap jumps and uses his shield, and *sighs* the knew Helicarrier gets broken. Then notice the fading shield of Cap, just like the flickering tesseract of Iron Man. Cap jumps into a window, and throw his shield at Winter Soldier, who catches it.

~ Yours truly, Blayne B. Trent

"Home isn't where you live. Home is where you feel safe; whether it's four walls and a roof over your head, or with the people you love. That's home."

Sub-ForumYou can clicks it! :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:11 pm 

Sex: Female
I still need to watch The First Avenger... :D

It's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain... -November Rain, Guns'NRoses
Romans 12:18- If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:17 pm 
Editor
Editor

Blayne B. Trent wrote:
At first they are nearing "the drop zone" and cap jumps without a parachute. Then (who says: I joined Shield to protect people? Does it sound like cap?)

Robert Redford's character - a high-ranking S.H.I.E.L.D. guy. MAJOR Spoilers relating to plot: In an interview, he said he plays a bad guy. He said something along the lines of "Really refreshing, I don't often play the bad guy" or something like that.

They often piece scenes together in trailers so you think they belong together. I am not entirely convinced that Fury is in the SUV/car that gets blown up by the disc mine.
Quote:
Explosions, Winter Soldier being handed a gun (with a barrel as Balec mentioned). Fury. And a car the bursts by Winter Soldier's mini-Cap-shield, and then notice that the Winter soldier is holding something similar to the 1:18 clip
. IMFDB tells you which guns Winter Soldier is holding (The one he is handed and the one he fires at the car)

Balec can erase the memories of others. He has the powers and talents of a gorilla, but only for five minutes at a time. Balec is protected by an adamantium-like hide and can transform any sloth into air, and can transform kevlar into ice. Balec has been known to absorb the damage from energy-based attacks and redirect it against any combatant in sight. He can tunnel through solid plastic, but doing so drains his endurance for one hour. Balec is able to view distant locations with his mind.
He can force creatures to freeze in place and can become tiny. Sadly, Balec becomes ugly in the presence of silver, and struggles with being unable to smell.

"When does school end? Every moment of life teaches you something." ~Philosopher Balec, Dec. 2nd, 2014 (Profound sayings)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:20 pm 
Captain
Captain

I didn't really like the first Captain America. I'm not sure exactly why, I just didn't enjoy it much. The second film - I probably won't go to the cinema to see it, but I'll probably borrow it when it comes out. :)

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:19 pm 
Writer
Writer

Okay... tomorrow for most of you is the opening of CA. I already watched it a few days ago...

It will be quite hard to understand what is going on if you haven't watched the first Cap movie. And for an addition the rest of the Marvel movies.

This Cap movie also goes inline with AoS.

#Buckey!

"Home isn't where you live. Home is where you feel safe; whether it's four walls and a roof over your head, or with the people you love. That's home."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:06 pm 
Captain
Captain

Did you guys think this second one was better than the first? :)

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:33 pm 
Writer
Writer

I thought it was, though both movies have their own awesomeness. =)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:23 pm 
Editor
Editor

Finally saw it. Loved it. I probably feel that it was better than the first, if not only for the fact that it's a sequel, so it has more content to build on, the characters are more established, and all that, I think.

Avengers: Age of Ultron is gonna be so cool!

And I feel much more comfortable going into the post-March episodes of //Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.// now that I've seen the movie.

To get back on topic, I stayed on top of all the clips and featurettes that were released, and I really didn't expect the action to start so quickly. That being said, I did love the pacing, and every action scene...and every talking scene...and every other scene... :P

After Fury was shot after showing up in Steve's apartment, I immediately expected something like what //S.H.I.E.L.D.// did to revive Coulson.

More thoughts to come later.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:40 pm 
Writer
Writer

Are you a published author?: Yes
I LOVE THESE MOVIES.

That's all I can say.

I love Sherlock and Doctor Who and all that, but I think The Avengers is my main fandom right now. I love it all.

Stop over at my blog!
https://kayjfields.blogspot.com/
Or my Tumblr blog:
https://kayjfields.tumblr.com/
Or Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/kjfieldsauthor/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:24 pm 
Captain
Captain

So I watched the second one, a few weeks ago now. I still didn't like it much. I don't know what it is about the films, but I just can't get into them at all.

J. R. R. Tolkien

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 pm 
Editor
Editor

:dieshappy: :dieshappy: :dieshappy: :dieshappy: :dieshappy: :dieshappy:

So much hype.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:33 pm 
Writer
Writer

Must have watched that at least a dozen times by now. That and Batman v Superman are my two most anticipated films for next year :dieshappy:

He shall fight against evil’s might
The Valris of old, he will restore once more.
The Children of Light will rise again
Through My chosen one, My Light will shine
And through his sacrifice, people will receive
A Heart of Light.

https://www.createspace.com/4214575

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:42 pm 
Writer
Writer

Lady Elanor wrote:
So I watched the second one, a few weeks ago now. I still didn't like it much. I don't know what it is about the films, but I just can't get into them at all.

Everybody has different tastes, after all. :D

Lightwalker wrote:
Must have watched that at least a dozen times by now. That and Batman v Superman are my two most anticipated films for next year :dieshappy:

Meeeeep the trailer I was crying and hyperventilating when I saw it oh my word. (Batman vs. Superman however...not so much. It looks like it might be fun but I'm not a DC fan in general and I could not take Man if Steel seriously so yeah. XD Seems to be the year for pitting our heroes against each other though. ;) )

Stop over at my blog!
https://kayjfields.blogspot.com/
Or my Tumblr blog:
https://kayjfields.tumblr.com/
Or Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/kjfieldsauthor/

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]