Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: What Do/Did You want to Be When You Grow Up?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:56 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
Oh, good grief. I would only want lots of children if they could all get along. I would not want children like me and my brother -no matter how much I love him, we must be the most irritating children. I used to get along with him all the time, back when he couldn't talk.
I want kids, but not lots. I'd rather it was closer to four or five, like my family. Not ten or sixteen. That is beyond my limited patience. I can barely babysit three siblings without getting mad at one of them.

When I was little, I wanted to be someone who went into stories and made them end the way I wanted them too...
When I thought about it, I wanted to be a missionary or a teacher. I never considered being a lawyer, even though everyone asked me if I would be a lawyer like my mom. Just a teacher like my dad.
To tell the truth, I would still like to be a teacher. I think teachers have a great influence on people -I know mine did. The only differance is that now, I would like to teach at an orphanage in a third-world country, and write and publish on the side.
So if I'm working in an orphanage, kids are a given.

“For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
-The Return of the King

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:32 pm 
Writer
Writer

I do not want to have many children. Maybe 2. I want to be a proofreader AND a writer, but if I need some extra cash, I would become a teacher. :)

"Everything that is now proven, was once only imagined." - William Blake

"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new."

- Albert Einstein

I am on The Prayer Team! Any problems, please PM me and I will PM back and pray for you :D

Do not mess with the Mist National Army. :cool:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:18 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Are you a published author?: Yes
I believe strongly in letting God control the size of a family, and I'm hoping that will be at least twenty kids for me. :D I'm no more naturally patient than anyone else, but Christ can work in us and help us grow to be patient with our children, and to help our children be patient with each other. I'm one of nine siblings, and we're the best of friends. We're no better than any other children, but as we grown in Christ, we grow in love and patience. He can do that for any children and any parents. :)

~ John 3:30

Visit my website, and learn more about my projects!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:31 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Speaking of off topic threads... this one is veering off again.

I'm told that when I was a little girl I was going to be a princess when I grew up. My dad kept insisting he was a king, and that made me a princess, but I didn't believe him because he didn't have a castle. Then we moved to a house about twice the size and I agreed it would suffice as a castle... and now we're down to about a third what that one was... :roll:

I was also going to be one of Robin Hood's men. Still do. :D

And I was going to play harp when I grew up. Everyone asks me when I started playing harp and I always tell the same story... "That's a hard question to answer. My entire life I've known I was going to grow up to play harp. I don't know where it started, or why..."

Floyd was frozen where he stood. He struggled to breathe, but the air smelled of blood and death and guilt. He tried to formulate a name, to ask, but language was meaningless, and words would not come. He tried to scream but the sound got stuck in his heart, shattered into a million pieces, and scattered to the wind.

In a world without superheroes, who will stand against the forces of evil?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:18 am 
Writer
Writer

When I was little I wanted to be an Olympian gymnast, that stopped a couple years after I quit taking gymnastics. I also wanted to be an artist, a concert pianist, and a writer.

Now I'm looking more into youth ministry or possibly psychology, and writing. I have a passion for people who are emotionally hurt. Although I still enjoy the other things, but not to the point where I would want have a career in them.

There is a story enfolded in the depthes of my heart, its roots firmly anchored in the deepest part of my soul. It is locked with forgotten hopes, and guarded by painful memories. Though every step I take is hindered by thorns, I will prevail. Once the key I have in my hands and I have unleashed this tale, when all fear and worry has passed, then I will present it to you. That is when you must decide whether it's worthy to be called epic.

My blog.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:37 pm 
Captain
Captain

That would be an interesting, and rewarding career, Adira. :)

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:17 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Male
Adira Cyrial wrote:
I have a passion for people who are emotionally hurt.

So do I. Especially victims of sexual, physical, or verbal abuse. :'(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:17 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Adira Cyrial wrote:
When I was little I wanted to be an Olympian gymnast, that stopped a couple years after I quit taking gymnastics. I also wanted to be an artist, a concert pianist, and a writer.

Now I'm looking more into youth ministry or possibly psychology, and writing. I have a passion for people who are emotionally hurt. Although I still enjoy the other things, but not to the point where I would want have a career in them.

Everything you wanted and still want to be are so awesome! :)

"I don't agree with you," said the bachelor.
The Storyteller, By Saki

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:40 am 
Writer
Writer

Lady Elanor wrote:
That would be an interesting, and rewarding career, Adira. :)

Yes, I think so too. :)
Mr. L. Uke wrote:
Adira Cyrial wrote:
I have a passion for people who are emotionally hurt.

So do I. Especially victims of sexual, physical, or verbal abuse. :'(

Yeah! same here.
Phylis Patschske wrote:
Everything you wanted and still want to be are so awesome! :)

Thank you. :)

There is a story enfolded in the depthes of my heart, its roots firmly anchored in the deepest part of my soul. It is locked with forgotten hopes, and guarded by painful memories. Though every step I take is hindered by thorns, I will prevail. Once the key I have in my hands and I have unleashed this tale, when all fear and worry has passed, then I will present it to you. That is when you must decide whether it's worthy to be called epic.

My blog.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Recently I have thought about possibly working with children who have/are abused, being a nurse, piano tuner and teacher, and the most recent has been an ophthalmologist or something like that, in study of the eye.

The eye used to disgust me until I learnt more about light and how the eye reacts to it in my science.

Although I have these other interests now, I am strongly thinking about journalism. I love writing and would really want to follow through with this.

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. - Ephesians 5:1-2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:14 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

I can tell you, working with abused women and children is no easy calling. A rewarding one, but very very difficult.

The Rainbow in the Storm- My Blog

Be careful of your thoughts; guard your mind, for your thoughts become words. Be guarded when you speak, for your words turn into action. Watch what you do, for your actions will become habits. Be wary of your habits, for they become your character. Pray over your character; strive to mold it to the image of Christ, because your character will shape your destiny.

Ideas can germinate from the smallest seeds. Collect those seeds, and let them grow in the back of your mind. You may be surprised by what finally blooms.

When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you. Instead, He’s opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Works in progress:

The Diegosian Mark, 115,600 words (Preparing for Publication)
The Diegosian Rider, 121,400 words (Finished)
The Diegosian Warrior, 15,000 (In Progress)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 am 
Editor
Editor

:D I've always wanted to be a wife and mother. (If God would choose to bless me so, I would love to have over four and homeschool them.)

;) I remember being a bit confused as a younger child since most of my friends said things like, "I want to be a mommy and ___, and ___ and oh, maybe a ___!" For me, there really weren't any "crazy" dreams. It took me long enough to figure out that that was ok.

My little sister wanted to be a princess.
My little brother wanted to be everyting from a truck driver to a pilot.

~ZA

Note: Mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower: I am a follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to be zeal aspiring in everything I do, so God may be glorified.

I help organize HW group Skype Calls. Feel free to message me for details if you'd like to join us.

My blog of mostly poetry: Za Blogging
My blog of random things I want to say and share: Opinions, Thoughts, And General Rambling

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:51 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Well, I used to want to be a nurse, but when I grew more aware of the gross job a nurse has, I didn't want to anymore. :P

I really don't know what lies ahead, though I do know that I want to be a wife and mother, if the Lord allows. :D
In my teenage to 20s, hopefully a musician, because for some reason everyone calls me a prodigy, and I enjoy the violin. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:11 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Ophelia MirZA Shaye wrote:

;) I remember being a bit confused as a younger child since most of my friends said things like, "I want to be a mommy and ___, and ___ and oh, maybe a ___!" For me, there really weren't any "crazy" dreams. It took me long enough to figure out that that was ok

~ZA

:D I remember a recital a played at when I was younger, and in the bullotin all the children had what they wanted to be when they grew up. They wanted to be dolphin trainers, and models, and swimmers, and police officers, and I wanted to be - a farmer's wife and a missionary. (Which I still wouldn't mind being, it just doesn't sound very epic, if you know what I mean!) Of course one little girl wanted to be a Mom, a model, and to paint her fingernails!

Lady Alina, it would be so cool to be a piano tuner!

The Storyteller, By Saki

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:17 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

You say what you want to be when you grow up at a recital? :?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Every year in the paper, they have the kindergarten kids say what they want to be when they grow up, and what they would need for that job. The highest by far is policeman and they say stuff like 'I would need a car, and handcuffs, and a uniform...'
One kid wanted to be a volcano inspector. :shock:
Some of them are great, though.
"I want to be a bean plant."
"I want to be the Aztecs."
"I want to be Mario."

There are plenty of mommys and daddys, always lots of firemen. Often you have lots of dancers, princesses, superheros, etc.

I sometimes wish I still had the one with my year in it. We probably do, but I don't know where it is. I don't even know what I put, but it was probably teacher.

“For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
-The Return of the King

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:47 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Lady Ness wrote:
You say what you want to be when you grow up at a recital? :?

Well, it had it in the programs. Don't ask me why!

The Storyteller, By Saki

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

When I was about...four...I wanted to be a plumber. Because for some ridiculous reason, I thought Elmo from Sesame Street had a dad who was a plumber. I was only four, all right? :P

Lessee... when I was ten, I wanted to be a treasure hunter. Because I had just watched the Indiana Jones movies for the first time. I wanted to be an archaeologist, but then people told me that that job isn't like Indy's in real life... so I went treasure hunter. I still kind of do want to be a treasure hunter.

Now... I know I want to be a writer. But I also want to help people who deal with depression and suicidal thoughts, for various reasons.

I also know I want to travel around the world, or at least to the United Kingdom... I'd like to live in Ireland one day.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:04 pm 
Writer
Writer

I grew up watching Avatar: The Last Airbender everyday of my childhood. I was convinced that my goal in life was to become a blind Earthbender. :rofl:

"Everything that is now proven, was once only imagined." - William Blake

"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new."

- Albert Einstein

I am on The Prayer Team! Any problems, please PM me and I will PM back and pray for you :D

Do not mess with the Mist National Army. :cool:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:46 pm 
Writer
Writer

I wanted to be a Chef before. :D

~ Yours truly, Blayne B. Trent

"Home isn't where you live. Home is where you feel safe; whether it's four walls and a roof over your head, or with the people you love. That's home."

Sub-ForumYou can clicks it! :twisted:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next