Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1257 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: News of the King
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:47 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
<Arwen walks slowly into the room, her head bowed, and bearing a round object covered by a fold of her mantle. She stops, swaying gently as if holding back tears. She looks up, and indeed, tears stand in her eyes. Yet a light shines in them, of resolve, of hope, of faith, of love. Gently, quietly, she draws back the cloth, and behold... a Palantir, radiant and deep, its lights play on her hands as she holds it up. A face gleams in its depths... the face of the King. Aragorn, the Lord of the place. Tears stand in his eyes as well, and his beard is grown long, yet there is the same gleam of light and power in every line of his face, and in the depths of his eyes. He looks about among the slowly gathering crowd of his followers, a grim and sad smile on his lips. And then, in a voice quiet but ringing and powerful, echoing in the ears of the minds of those standing hushed before him, he begins to speak.>

My friends, my beloved, dear friends. A month ago I left, with the promise to return after four weeks to take up again my scepter and sword here. The set date has come, and it has gone. And I have not returned. Nor can I know of a surety what time I will be able to return. And so I come to you now in this manner, strange though it be, to tell you why, and to ask many things of you. I come in great heaviness of heart, and yet in hope. I come in prayer, and in faith, and in love. I ask that you hear me in the same.

*bows head and is quiet for a time, then continues softly*

I grew up in Washington state, in the US. I loved it. The trees, the mountains, my friends, my family. I was not as I am now, though. Far from it. Where now I am filled with the life and presence and power and love of God, I was then filled with the rebellion and hatred and selfishness and lust and bitterness and pride of my flesh. I claimed the name of Christ, and truly believed myself of His flock, yet though my way seemed right to me, its end was death. I know now that I was not saved, and that I was in absolute bondage to my flesh and the whims of the devil. This, however, is no excuse for my rebellion, but a consequence of it.

I thank my God for my family, who kept me as faithfully as they could from the world and from sin. They taught me of God and the way of righteousness. And though I rejected them and their teaching, they loved me still and persevered with me. But in this they were successful--they sheltered me. And because of that protection, I was not able to sink into sin as deeply as my rebellion would have made me otherwise, or as far as my flesh desired. And thus, due to my pride and my shelteredness, I was able to maintain a relative facade of cleanliness, though inside I was as vile as hell in truth.

Yet God would allow this facade to continue only so long

In June of 2007, the parents of a family which we had been fast friends with for many many years came to my parents with a grievous accusation against me. My family, deciding not to assume the accusations were false, decided to take actions to find out the truth, and to ensure I had no opportunity of doing what I was accused of. The other family was unsatisfied with my parent’s wise and swift action, however, and decided to take it to authorities. And not only this, but the father began threatening me and my father with death. Realizing he was serious, we left the state-- after making sure it was legal to do so. There were no charges yet, so we were free to move. My family moved to Texas, and I went to live at a Christian home for troubled teens in Tennessee.

During this process, I was made to face myself and take stock of my life. Facing the possibility of prison, and realizing my rebellion in so many ways, I came to see that prison and worse would be my just reward-- whether or not the accusations were true. Faced with this fact, I turned to the only place I knew I had true hope--Christ. I knew the gospel thoroughly already, but it was then that I accepted it and made it mine. The God of the universe became my God. My life changed from that day forward.

At the home, I dedicated myself to serving God. And as the lessons of my parents came back to me, I grew in God by leaps and bounds. After nine months, my family brought me home to live with them in Texas. They trusted me, and I was a changed boy. In September of 2008, we were able to move to Ireland, as we had planned to do for many years. We checked first to see if I had any charges--there were none. All was quiet in Washington. We assumed they dropped it.

Three years later, we were well established there, blessed, happy, serving God. I had continued to grow and change... becoming a new creation in Christ indeed. I founded Holy Worlds and helped various ministries. I loved God and had His hand of blessing on me. I still had many battles to fight, for the shackles of seventeen years did not come off easily. Yet God’s grace was triumphant in my life, and it was Him I sought, not my flesh as before.

Then, at last, I was able to save up enough money to fly to America for my first visit since our exodus. I knew there was an outside chance that something related to the accusations might have come up in my absence, but my reasons for going were strong, and I trusted God with the risk. I flew out the 19th of January.

I was arrested when I landed.

I was placed in Orange County Jail, and remained there for three weeks, at which point I was extradited to Washington state and placed in Clark County jail. This is where I am now. And this is why I cannot be there with you.

The charge had been filed and the warrant issued one month after we moved to Ireland. I had no way of knowing. And now, I am again faced with the possibility of prison--but oh! with what a difference. For now I have God like never before. I have good reason to fear, but I do not. Because of the kind of charge I have, I am placed in a system which has little to no justice. People accused of these kinds of crimes get little mercy and no pity--yet they are often innocent and far from deserving of the massive sentences and penalties laid on them--often without evidence or fair trial. We are guilty until proven innocent... and that evidence is rarely listened to. That is what I face. And although I am innocent, and their evidence is untrustworthy and misconstrued, it is more than enough for them to justify an unjust sentence.

The charge? Child molestation in the first degree--a class A felony.

I am trusting God with a lot disclosing this to you: trusting Him to give you the trust to trust me. But I tell you to tell you this: I fear not. My heart and life is filled with God. Being in jail has been the best thing that has happened to me in my life. I have learned God’s love and faith and power like never before. I fear not what man can do unto me. I laugh at the devil’s attempts to keep me from the callings God has for me. My God is able, utterly. He will be glorified, and I will serve and love and trust Him-- no matter what happens. I could lose the world and all I hold dear, yet I would still have God, and He truly is my greatest love. I will live and die for Him, and glorify Him in everything. Nothing can take that from me. *eyes flashing*

And so it is that I tell you this: our swords will flash together in His service again--though all the forces of Mordor lie between. The King will return. And I will lead you all to great things than your wildest dreams have ever conceived of. God has shown me mighty and terrible visions of His plans for His church, and my part... and your part, in them. I am aflame with His spirit and His love and His grace. We will do the impossible.

I must go, now. But we are not apart. The Council talks to me of your doings, and I am very well pleased. You have done much, and I see you growing to do more. Keep on, slack not, strive ever higher. You will be kept updated, as well. And you can also write me, with the understanding that replies will be slow. Carissa will post after me with instructions and help for that. If you have questions, ask her, and she can help you out or pass them on. I will not be able to give much more detail of the case other than what I’ve already described, but some questions can be answered.

Above all, your prayers, your encouragement, and your continued trust is what I crave and ask for most. You are my family, and I pray for you all with great care and love. I trust you to glorify God in how you respond. I pray you will rally together and destroy the work of the enemy by your united prayers and love. I exhort you to see His glory in this, and trust Him, and draw nearer to Him in this than ever before. Defeat the enemy in your transformation and commit to the destruction of his works in your life. We will have this victory--our God will be triumphant!

Make me proud, make God proud.

In His love. In His name. In His blood. In His spirit.

Go with Him. *bows head and retreats into globe*

<Arwen smiles gently and sets the palantir on a pedestal, uncovered, for the king is always present... in spirit and prayer, if not in body>

I am knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order, and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.

note: emeth is Hebrew for truth, right, faithful;
mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower.

Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: News of the King
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
*Is crying more than she thought she would*

Me and my family have been and will keep praying. God is in control. So often we can't see the path ahead, but God can, which is why in faith we have to follow; even when we can't see what the future will hold for us.

God be with you, Jay. I will keep writing.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:15 pm 

<Arwen straightens up, lifts her eyes, and softly begins to address the gathered group>

My Dear Holy Worlders, Friends, fellow siblings in Christ...

I know this news comes as a shock to you--it was certainly a shock to myself and my family at the airport that night. But I want you all to know this: it was definitely not a shock to our God. He knew-- in fact, it has become abundantly clear to Jay and I and many others involved that it was exactly what He was planning all along. In so many ways, He had been preparing Jay and I for this, as well as many other people.

Our themes, before this happened, were: "God is good, no matter what" and "God knows". By God's grace, neither Jay nor I forgot those themes when this hit. Even in the first few moments of shock and dismay, those things came to mind. Right there in the airport, in a little place a little out of the way, I knelt down and began praying aloud. I told God He was good, even in this. I told Him that He knew, and to glorify Himself in this. In us. I asked Him to give Jay peace and make him a witness to those around Him.

And God has answered. Way beyond even my expectations. Jay has been able to be a tremendous blessing in both Orange County and Clark County. He has made many friends and helped people in various ways. This whole situation, bizarre as it is, has been... perfect. Just what we needed.

Jay is still Jay... but he has grown SO much. I am so, so proud of him, and very thankful to God for all He has done and is doing in Jay's life.

When Jay comes back, it's going to be... incredible. God has been showing him all kinds of things for him to do out here... Jay said last night when I talked to him that he's probably going to live till he's 200 to get it all done. :D

So... what do you do now that you know? Excellent question! ;)

First, PRAY. Pray like you've never prayed before. Pray for Jay and his release, yes. But more than that: Pray that God will be glorified. Pray that He will change YOU through this. Pray that His Holy Spirit will move among us. Pray that Satan will not be allowed to ruin Jay's testimony for Christ. Pray that God will show Himself to you and to us like never before. Pray BIG. Pray HARD.

Second, WRITE. Write on your stories here on HW--and write Jay letters. ;)

His address is:

James Darren Lauser 209643
Clark County Jail
P.O. Box 1147
Vancouver, WA 98666-1147

You have to write it out exactly like that... you also have to include your return address. For the full list of rules about mail, go here.

If you are out of the country, let me know and I'll help you get mail to him faster.

Some notes about writing Jay...

1. Don't worry about saying the wrong thing. Just talk. Jay loves to hear from us... it doesn't have to be perfect.

2. Write about what you're learning through this, or just life in general

3. Write about God.

4. Include updates on Holy worlds, your life, news of the outside world...

5. Remind him that you are praying and thinking of him

6. It doesn't have to be long, or fancy, or... anything in particular. Just... from you. Just something to let him know you care and you haven't forgotten him.

7. Scriptures, songs, poems, quotes... those are all good things to put, especially if you can't think of words to say. ;)

Third, CHANGE. Don't stay like you are. Let this move you and grow you. Seek God like never before. Strive to improve in all areas of your life. Spend time with your families. Think of all you have, and of what Jay doesn't have--and be grateful.

Fourth, DON'T GOSSIP. I fully expect all of you to continue to love and trust Jay, and stand behind him. Myself and the entire Council are doing the same. Remember that your careless or cruel words can harm not only Jay, but all of Holy Worlds--and moreover, and most importantly, the name of Christ.

I think that's all I had for now... I will keep you all updated. Thank you all so much for your participation here on Holy Worlds, and for your love and trust and prayers during this time.

Let us stand together and change this world for God's glory!

P.S. When I say that the Council stands behind Jay, I mean it. Woe to anyone who dares say anything against him. Just one Council member's wrath is frightening--anyone who would dare speak against our king will incur the wrath of the entire council at once, and that is not a sight any of us would like to see. Consider yourself warned.

*curtsies and vanishes*

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song [and my writing] I will praise Him." Psalm 28:7

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:20 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

I, too, shall be praying for you, Jay! I am terribly sorry this has happened, especially after so many years, but I am grateful it is now when you are much stronger than if you had gone before. I know God has a different plan for you, NOT in prison, but us humans tend to mess up His plans. I will be praying for His plan to come through and for you to have a speedy release.

I also thank you for sharing all of this with us. It took great courage, I am sure, but a three-stranded cord is not easily broken. You have added strands to your cord. God's goodness and love will prevail.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." ~ Willy Wonka

Visit my blog! The Doctor Dances

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:28 pm 

In case any one wanted to see the original letter, here are the images of it...

Attachments:
HW Letter from Jay 2-25-2012_Page_1.jpg
HW Letter from Jay 2-25-2012_Page_1.jpg [ 202.85 KiB | Viewed 4316 times ]
HW Letter from Jay 2-25-2012_Page_2.jpg
HW Letter from Jay 2-25-2012_Page_2.jpg [ 203.54 KiB | Viewed 4316 times ]
HW Letter from Jay 2-25-2012_Page_3.jpg
HW Letter from Jay 2-25-2012_Page_3.jpg [ 203.27 KiB | Viewed 4316 times ]
HW Letter from Jay 2-25-2012_Page_4.jpg
HW Letter from Jay 2-25-2012_Page_4.jpg [ 137.68 KiB | Viewed 4316 times ]

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song [and my writing] I will praise Him." Psalm 28:7
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you for all your updates, Carissa. You have been amazing.

I really believe that all this has drawn my family closer together. We have prayed like we haven't in a long time, and our lives seem to have changed so much; even the older blog posts that Jay wrote are still working in the lives of people (including my families); we were struggling with housework so I read Jay's blog post to Mother about how he overcame not wanting to help out in the house - result we prayed, and changed and that equals no more arguing in the mornings, no more contention. I find it so so hard to think of Jay being where he is, but God has used Jay in so many ways. We have to trust that He is going to use him in other ways, ways that we couldn't even imagine, like Jay said.

I am sure there are ways each and every one of us can help Jay, even through praying we are helping him. Let's pray like in the biblical times when people like Peter and Paul were in prison and the church prayed. Let's not give up, and forget; let's join together in this time of need and pray like we haven't in a long time.

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

:'( Emeth, I am so sorry. I had no idea. I will most certainly be praying for you, and thanking God of the way he has worked in your life through this. I don't think I need to say this after what you said, but I'll say it again anyway. God is in control, and he has this whole situation in his hands. And just from hearing your testimony I know that the good that always comes out of a bad situation has already made itself know to you. And better things are yet to come. While I am grieving for what you had to/are having to endure, I am excited at the prospect how what will come.

Devote yourselves to prayer so that your conversations may be full of grace
and seasoned with salt, with the purpose of glorifying Christ Jesus in everything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:31 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

*comes into the thread with much sadness, yet filled with hope *

I was ecstatic that Jay was getting to go to Florida. He had been talking about it for months and I knew how much planning and preparation had gone into him being able to go. When he took off from Ireland I sent a pray for his safe travels. I asked that the Lord watch over him and bless him mightily when he arrived. I little knew that less than 24 hours later my prayers would become a sharp reality— just not in the way I had thought.

To say I was shocked is an understatement. I mean, Jay and I had spoken of our past lives before, but I never expected for his to come back and bite him. After all, Jay went to the Boy’s Ranch. He “did his time”. And the Lord mercifully and graciously showed Jay the beauty of grace, mercy, and forgiveness.

I have been praying about what to say to you all when this announcement was made. I want to be the strong council member who says that everything is under control and I have it all figured out. Well, that just isn’t so. However, there are things of which I am sure. I am sure that God knows what He is doing. I am sure that Jay is walking faithfully—not without struggles from time to time, but faithfully, and I am sure, without a doubt, that I am proud of Jay and I will stand behind him no matter what comes. Of these things I am most certain, and I never waver from them.

I have had a lot of time to think about the situation, over a month, actually. During this time I have done much praying and lots of searching. I want answers and the technical side of my brain wants to make sense of things. I can’t say I have all of this figured out, but I can tell you that I have come to one very strong conclusion: The Lord has not brought this trial into Jay’s life because he still needs to pay for something. *shakes head emphatically * Nope, of this I am certain. He has not placed Jay in this position because he had a past life (honestly, who in this room has not had a pre salvation story?). In fact, I don’t even believe this trial has come to remind Jay that he is a sinner. I believe passionately that the Lord forgives us of our sins. He takes our sins upon Himself. Are there still consequences to our sins? Yes. But, Jay has already undergone the consequences of his past sins. God does not lord things over us; in fact, he has removed our sins “as far as the east is from the west" (Psalm 103:12). For all these reasons I have come to the conclusion I want to share with you all.

God is not punishing Jay, He is blessing Jay. I know, it’s hard to wrap our brains around sometimes. God, seriously, how is this a blessing? It is true, though. God wants to use Jay as a tool in a capacity that none of us could have ever fathomed. Our Jay! Our wonderful, beloved Jay has been found worth to carry this cross. God’s not doing this to punish Jay in any way because he gets some sort of twisted, sadistic enjoyment out of seeing us suffer. By far, God has placed Jay in this position because He wants to use Jay to minister to those who he (Jay) would never have been able to minister to otherwise. He is allowing Jay to be the tool to reach into places Christians often do not venture.

I firmly believe that God uses affliction to mature and prosper Christians. I am convinced that adversity is God’s sandpaper for polishing His people and pain is part of God’s exercise program for strengthening our faith. And you know what? Jay is going to be buffed to a much higher luster than he was before. We will see those spiritual muscles strengthened when Christ allows him to return to us because Jay is being faithful by walking. He hasn’t given up to despair or cursed God for not allowing him to have even one moment of his trip to visit dear friends. He is thanking God for the blessing of being able to serve.

For this I am thankful, because Jay has not sunk into depression. He is still the same Jay, and he is still fascinated by words such as extradited.

God is amazing. He is good. He loves us so much, and He knows what He is doing.

For many weeks our hearts and prayer have been filled with Jay. We miss him and we want him to be back on HW. I miss not being able to pitch my never ending ideas to him and hearing his response. I miss not seeing his posts. I miss many other things that are taken away from us through this situation, but you know what? Jay is still ministering to HW, even from afar. Maybe not as intimately as he once was, but he is still here among us in spirit. In fact, I want to tell you a story, something that spoke to my heart.

God takes care of the minutest details. He blesses us in unexpected ways. For you see, God knew we were going to need a special reminder. He knew we were going to need blessings along the way ourselves. So you know what He did? He ordained that Jay would be wearing his Do Hard Things shirt when he was arrested and that he would wear it again when he was being extradited. That’s right; as God was calling Jay to do an unbelievably hard thing, he made sure he gave him, and us, a visual reminder of exactly what was going on. Jay was being called to do a hard thing. This visual image was not only a blessing, but a powerful reminder for me. Jay had no clue when he put on that shirt, before traveling across the ocean, that it would be such a shinning reminder to us. He didn’t know what a blessing it would be to me in particular.

God is with Jay, guys, and He is taking care of every single detail. Even the little ones, like what shirt Jay needed to wear that day. This gives me great comfort. It tells me that Jay is going to be okay. It tells me that HW is going to be okay. However, it isn’t going to be easy. It’s not going to be easy for Jay, and it’s not going to be easy on us here on HW.

Jay is not only the founder of HW, he is my dear friend. More than that, he is my brother (never got around to actual adoption papers). However, it is not only these things that allow me to say, with the utmost confidence, that I stand behind Jay 100 percent during all of this. Sure, those things play a big part in me rallying behind him and preparing to lunge at anyone who says the slightest negative thing—mother bear style— I can also say that I stand behind Jay because he has proven during all of this that He is still fully trusting in God’s strength.

It’s a rough road, guys. A rewarding one, but a rough one. Jay needs our support. He needs to know that we love him, that we care about him, and that we stand by him. When I write my next letter to him I want to be able to tell him that HW rallied up behind him. I want Jay to feel the overwhelming love that I know the HW community has for him, and I want him to feel us bathing him in prayer. There were times in my life when so many people were praying for me that I could literally feel the prayers surrounding me. That’s what I want Jay to feel.

I am so proud of him, guys. I am so, so proud. Jay doesn’t pretend it is easy, but he knows with God all things are possible.

How can we help but be proud of him?

The Rainbow in the Storm- My Blog

Be careful of your thoughts; guard your mind, for your thoughts become words. Be guarded when you speak, for your words turn into action. Watch what you do, for your actions will become habits. Be wary of your habits, for they become your character. Pray over your character; strive to mold it to the image of Christ, because your character will shape your destiny.

Ideas can germinate from the smallest seeds. Collect those seeds, and let them grow in the back of your mind. You may be surprised by what finally blooms.

When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you. Instead, He’s opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Works in progress:

The Diegosian Mark, 115,600 words (Preparing for Publication)
The Diegosian Rider, 121,400 words (Finished)
The Diegosian Warrior, 15,000 (In Progress)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Location: The Running Rivers, Tall Forests, and Mighty Mountains of the Northwest
When I first received this news, I was shocked. None of the Council expected something so...extreme...to happen to Jay, ever. Especially not while traveling to Florida, something we had all been very excited about and knew Jay was even more excited about.

I have complete and total faith in Jay and the truth and sincerity of his words. I assure all of you that this trust is well placed. The Council has and will support Jay absolutely and to our utmost. Therefore, I encourage all of you to join us in our resolution.

This attack on Jay is exactly that: an attack (this is also a time sent from God to build Jay). The enemy has seen Jay's potential and seeks to destroy him. If we stand by Jay and help him come out of this the better for it having happened, who can say what impact his life may have for Christ? This event itself is an opportunity for witness and growth.

We also have to realize that this is not the end of this attack. This is an accusation that never goes away. Those who oppose Christ, and therefore Jay, will always bring this accusation against, whether he is acquitted or convicted.

We must continue to stand by Jay. In prayer, in action, and it words. There will be accusers and deceivers, reprimand them through prayer, through our actions of trust, and through scripture.

Redemption is to be purchased, to have a price paid. So I was redeemed from my master sin, and from justice, which demanded my death. For He paid the price of sin by becoming sin, and met the demands of justice by dying for us.

For all men have a master. But a man cannot have two masters. For he will love one and hate the other. You cannot serve God and sin. So I die to the old, as He died, and I am resurrected to the new, as He was resurrected.

Note: Ebed is Hebrew for bondsman, Eleutheros is Greek for unrestrained (not a slave).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I sent parts of this Psalm to Jay; I read it the other day and felt it was a perfect scripture for this situation. I'll share it here too; I think it's very encouraging.

Psalm 37 wrote:
Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
Psa 37:2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
Psa 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Psa 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Psa 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Psa 37:6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
Psa 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him...
...Psa 37:9 Those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth...
...Psa 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
Psa 37:12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
Psa 37:13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
Psa 37:14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.
Psa 37:15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken......
...Psa 37:17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
Psa 37:18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
Psa 37:19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied....
...Psa 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
Psa 37:24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
Psa 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
Psa 37:26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed....
...Psa 37:37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace....
...Psa 37:39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
Psa 37:40 And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

J. R. R. Tolkien

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:14 pm 
Captain
Captain

Location: Following my Father through the wilderness of sojourning.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

I kept finding this verse yesterday (although it feels like today because I don't sleep). It usually shows up for me when something is happening. I thought it was for my future in missions but God knew.

Hold together O Holy Worlds! Our hearts are confused but our souls will not scatter! The soldiers will be well prepared for the return of the King!!

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/kitra-skene

Haud Retene Haud Reverte

All resemblance to persons, people, friends, relatives, quotes, cultures, artificial intelligences, inside jokes, pets, unclaimed personalities, sentient objects, extra-terrestrials, inter-terrestrials, and draperies living, dead, undead, or comatose in any of my work are purely coincidental, incidental, circumstantial, inadvertent, unplanned, unforeseen, and unintentional. There's seriously no way I was referring to you. Honest.

The story so far:
Birthright: Eleventh chapter pending. 28280 words.
Heritage: First chapter drafted.
Legacy: Character and plot development stage.
Get a feel for the land. Visit Lor-Amar today!

Other novels on the brain:
Quicksilver
Shen'oh Story
Crusoe's Star
War Blazer
Seven Arts Story
The Queen's Knave
Polarians
Exile Realms
All Librarians Are Secret Agents

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:24 pm 
Writer
Writer

In honor and support of our beloved founder, friend, admin, and resident genius, Jay Lauser, I have changed my username and signature to imitate his.

Let us say of Jay what the Apostle Paul said of himself:
Follow him, as he follows Christ.
That is the essence of Mimetes, a true follower, of which Jay is one and we should all seek to be.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:33 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

One hundred percent agree, Neil, Rin, Airi, Inesdar, and Reiyen. God is not punishing Jay. He is using him because God knows Jay is strong enough to do his will. I will most certainly be writing to him.

Quote:
It’s a rough road, guys. A rewarding one, but a rough one. Jay needs our support. He needs to know that we love him, that we care about him, and that we stand by him. When I write my next letter to him I want to be able to tell him that HW rallied up behind him. I want Jay to feel the overwhelming love that I know the HW community has for him, and I want him to feel us bathing him in prayer. There were times in my life when so many people were praying for me that I could literally feel the prayers surrounding me. That’s what I want Jay to feel.
Amen. Let us flood him with letters of support, encouragement, and prayer.

Devote yourselves to prayer so that your conversations may be full of grace
and seasoned with salt, with the purpose of glorifying Christ Jesus in everything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:47 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

In times like these, it is easy to doubt, it is easy to have our faith shaken in our brothers and sisters. Taking away a leader of a beloved forum and placing hidden details out in the opening at such a solemn time often threaten unity in a way that few other circumstances can. The questions that fill our minds are easily shoved onto the wayside and beaten with a phrase repeated "They aren't true. Quit telling me that." I know the questions will come, guys. I know doubt will surface. But, I'm here to tell you: Don't ignore them.

Fight them with prayer. Search your heart. What you trust in always has deep roots and reasons for that trust to be there. And if prayer and the Lord's grace has watered and fostered that trust over the years or months, then those roots are so deep the most that can be done is have them cut off. If we ignore doubts and questions our mind raises now, logic that our head strives to trip our heart with, they will only become more persistent until we can barely handle its wrath. They will tear you to pieces should you not have the courage to face them. I'm calling you to fight your own battles so that we can be all the more stronger in fighting this battle.

I'm telling you this not a single one of us can deny what has happened here. It will hit hearts like never before and Satan will go to battle against us, against Jay. Holy Worlds is a creation that Satan wants nothing more than to be once again particles of dust, particles of someone's imagination never to be shown to the world in its full glory. But there is more. A leader is where a company's common thread of trust and dependence lie. Strip a company of its leader and the sheep destroy themselves with little or no motivation. Do not let that be us.

The entire Council stands by Jay in solid formation, prayer and hope mark our footsteps. We ARE going to fight this battle to the end. We ARE Jay's allies and NOTHING can tell us otherwise. Our trust in Jay remains unshaken. Our hope for Jay remains undeniable. Our passion for prayer cannot be contested. This is not the end, but the beginning. Fight hard now. . . because in time, we all need to realize in the end. . . only God can do what we ask. And I am commanding. . . no, begging you. . . ask for what you feel He calls you to ask for. Ask for anything with complete faith and a full heart and YOU SHALL RECEIVE. Listen to your heart, but let God fill it up first.

May God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

I shall not be shaken. I will not be moved. I will not be disheartened. I will not give up. And this Council. . . will NEVER give up. What about you?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:57 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Hear, hear, Hannah!

And, as we have more than one leader, I know we will not fall. Because the founder has momentarily left us does not mean we will scatter.

I, too, have changed my username in order to support Sir Emeth.

I know that God does not cause bad things to happen, but he prepares us for those bad things and works them for His good. I'm glad we are deciding to take this bad situation and help God turn it for good instead of keeping it bad. :D

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." ~ Willy Wonka

Visit my blog! The Doctor Dances

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:32 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Wow...I am definitely praying for you Jay, I hope to write directly to you when I get the chance!
I know that God is sovereign and am encouraged that you are approaching this with that in mind: If God is for us, who can be against us? As it sounds like you have already witnessed, God bends everything that happens to his own will and plan...always remember his plans will not be messed up whatever happens!

Romans 8:28 wrote:
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

and I believe that you are indeed called according to his purpose! Stay strong in the faith and continue to seek God and serve him! I pray that you are daily encouraged, by God and those (many) friends that are praying for you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:34 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Jay, I'm praying for you. No matter what, God is in control. Never forget that. Keep trusting in Jesus. Holy Worlds is praying for you. We're supporting you. God bless you.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Bethany

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. - Ephesians 5:1-2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:41 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

This has been totally, entirely unexpected.

I don't really know how to say what I feel right now without sounding melodramatic or dissolving into tears again.

But I am praying. Praying hard. And I know that Jay, and all of us, will grow through this new trial.

And I stand behind Jay one hundred percent.

After much thought and prayer, I am staying on Holy Worlds. I believe what we have here is worth fighting for. PM me for details.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:43 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

I suppose it's my turn. :D

I knew about this within hours after his arrest. I've followed every detail as it came up, listened to the speculation, hung on scraps of information; begged for details. When Carissa told me he'd been arrested a part of me wanted to curl up and die; but I couldn't. Because you were still here.

And so I stayed. I finished out the contest. I started new projects. I laughed and talked with you. I'd be crying with Carissa in one chat box, while happily speculating in the next box over about our next project. And I demanded that Jay write you something, that when his time was up he be the one to tell you and none others. I altered his original announcement so that no one would know he was supposed to have come home on the 16th. I worked my best at deceiving you all.

This announcement has been in the Council Hall for a week. I was done with duplicity, and I refused to read it until it was posted here; for you. I listened to everyone's doubts and fears about what would happen when you know. I listened to predictions of gossip and disloyalty and doubts that you would truly understand. I listened and I did not believe.

Because what did you do? You changed your names to his.

Never doubt, is my motto. Never doubt the king, and never doubt his followers. If anyone wondered who we truly were, what we truly stood for, or if we had the courage to stand in the face of adversity, let them doubt no longer. Because you are Holy Worlds, you are the embodiment of Jay's dreams, and you are steadfast. So let us stand together.

Floyd was frozen where he stood. He struggled to breathe, but the air smelled of blood and death and guilt. He tried to formulate a name, to ask, but language was meaningless, and words would not come. He tried to scream but the sound got stuck in his heart, shattered into a million pieces, and scattered to the wind.

In a world without superheroes, who will stand against the forces of evil?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:52 pm 
Editor
Editor

Hannah Marie wrote:

I shall not be shaken. I will not be moved. I will not be disheartened. I will not give up. And this Council. . . will NEVER give up. What about you?

Never.

I'm praying, Emeth. *Doesn't have many words right now* :'(

~Ophelia Tikva Mimetes

Note: Mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower: I am a follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to be zeal aspiring in everything I do, so God may be glorified.

I help organize HW group Skype Calls. Feel free to message me for details if you'd like to join us.

My blog of mostly poetry: Za Blogging
My blog of random things I want to say and share: Opinions, Thoughts, And General Rambling

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1257 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 63  Next