Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Warriors of the Worlds: New Prayer System
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:41 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: Yes
Warriors of the Worlds

Quote:
Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
—Mark 11:23-25

Quote:
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
—Romans 12:12

Quote:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
—Philippians 4:6

Quote:
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
—Hebrews 4:15-16

Quote:
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
—James 5:16

Quote:
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
— Colossians 4:2

Quote:
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
—John 14:13-14

Quote:
I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.
— Romans 15:30

Quote:
I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
— Ephesians 1:16

Quote:
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
—Ephesians 6:11-18

The Bible certainly has a lot to say about prayer, doesn’t it? It is essential to the Christian’s life. Prayer is a powerful weapon, a way to speak personally to our God. We can pray for all kinds of things, all sorts of needs, even for one another. In fact, we are commanded to. Which is probably why it was such a surprise to people when they found out that HW does not encourage its members to create prayer threads on the forum. In fact, the rules revisions states that:

# 12. The forum team requests that no threads should be created for the purpose of recruiting prayer support. If you have or know of a situation for which you would like HW prayer support, we request that you PM those you know on the forum.

The reason HW has not used, or encouraged, prayer threads is because the prayer thread environment on other forums can so easily become unhealthy. Many of us have witnessed this, I am sure. The Prayer rooms become more of a gossip hall, and a place to draw pity from others, than it is a Godly environment where Christians are banding together in prayer.

HW’s goal is not to stop people from sharing needs. Our goal is to help make your sharing more effective. So, in an effort to encourage strong, healthy prayer, we have chosen to create the Warriors of the Worlds Prayer Group. This group is a resource we want to offer to you guys, promoting prayer while at the same time trying to ensure the HW environment remains healthy.

Now, what is this Warriors of the World Prayer Group, and how is it a resource for me, you may ask inquisitively?

Very simply, this group will be a compilation of members of the forum who are not only willing to pray for you, but also want to help encourage you as you struggle with needs in life. The people on this list are dedicated to partnering with you as prayer Warriors of the World, fighting against the rulers and principalities of this world with the powerful weapon of prayer.

How do you find these people? On this List.

If you would like to become a member of HW’s Warriors of the Worlds, go to that link and let us know. You can either add yourself into the list, if you are able, or we will do it for you.

May the Lord bless our efforts as we seek to honor Him in all that we do.

The Rainbow in the Storm- My Blog

Be careful of your thoughts; guard your mind, for your thoughts become words. Be guarded when you speak, for your words turn into action. Watch what you do, for your actions will become habits. Be wary of your habits, for they become your character. Pray over your character; strive to mold it to the image of Christ, because your character will shape your destiny.

Ideas can germinate from the smallest seeds. Collect those seeds, and let them grow in the back of your mind. You may be surprised by what finally blooms.

When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you. Instead, He’s opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Works in progress:

The Diegosian Mark, 115,600 words (Preparing for Publication)
The Diegosian Rider, 121,400 words (Finished)
The Diegosian Warrior, 15,000 (In Progress)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Warriors of the Worlds: New Prayer System
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:23 am 
Captain
Captain

Location: Following my Father through the wilderness of sojourning.
Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: Yes
Archived.

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/kitra-skene

Haud Retene Haud Reverte

All resemblance to persons, people, friends, relatives, quotes, cultures, artificial intelligences, inside jokes, pets, unclaimed personalities, sentient objects, extra-terrestrials, inter-terrestrials, and draperies living, dead, undead, or comatose in any of my work are purely coincidental, incidental, circumstantial, inadvertent, unplanned, unforeseen, and unintentional. There's seriously no way I was referring to you. Honest.

The story so far:
Birthright: Eleventh chapter pending. 28280 words.
Heritage: First chapter drafted.
Legacy: Character and plot development stage.
Get a feel for the land. Visit Lor-Amar today!

Other novels on the brain:
Quicksilver
Shen'oh Story
Crusoe's Star
War Blazer
Seven Arts Story
The Queen's Knave
Polarians
Exile Realms
All Librarians Are Secret Agents

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]