Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help With My World!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:55 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
So I have this idea for a world, but it's based inside the minds of people and it's the same even though it's a different person. Inside this world the individual consciousness is held captive by their own emotions, fears, pleasures, etc. I was thinking of like a dreamworld but that seems too common, I don't have particulars as far as the exact look of this world, any suggestions?

2 Timothy 4:7
I have Fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the Faith.

Works Finished: The Withering Chronicles: Book 1

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Help With My World!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:32 pm 
Writer
Writer

So originally it existed inside people's minds, which as I thought about it sounded confusing, so I have since scrapped it.

Then I thought this world could exist in a dimension that runs parallel to earth...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:59 pm 
Captain
Captain

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: Yes
Izenroe wrote:
Inside this world the individual consciousness is held captive by their own emotions, fears, pleasures, etc.
Really, you could say this is literally true of our own world – people being held captive by their own emotions, fears, pleasures, etc. How are you thinking of manifesting this differently in this alternate dimension? It sounds intriguing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:01 pm 
Writer
Writer

Yes, I think it fits the idea...I haven't worked on it in a while though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mistress Rwebhu Kidh wrote:
It sounds intriguing.

It does, very much so. Are you planning to work on this idea some more, Izenroe? Have you progressed any more with your world building?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:14 pm 
Writer
Writer

Actually I have it's an Invisible world...an actual planet. I chose this instead of trying to make it a world in an alternate dimension.

For the sake of the idea I'm changing the names of things, since I actually like this idea for a possible story.

So far I have monsters I call Chain or Chains.

They literally have chains attached to manifested human spirits trapped by their own issues: fear, self ambition, etc. The chains however keep them hidden from eyesight so most don't see it. The spirits act as keys they allow the chains to become even more powerful.

More to come in a little bit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:57 pm 
Captain
Captain

Rinothean wrote:
Actually I have it's an Invisible world...an actual planet. I chose this instead of trying to make it a world in an alternate dimension.
Ooh, invisible world...now I like that idea.

Rinothean wrote:
So far I have monsters I call Chain or Chains.

They literally have chains attached to manifested human spirits trapped by their own issues: fear, self ambition, etc. The chains however keep them hidden from eyesight so most don't see it. The spirits act as keys they allow the chains to become even more powerful.
Fascinating. So the chains are attached to people, but invisible?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:50 pm 
Writer
Writer

Thanks! Mistress!

The chains are indeed invisible to most people, but only a few can actually see them. The length and size of the chain depends on the monster and what they're in Lucid for.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:28 pm 
Captain
Captain

Rinothean wrote:
The length and size of the chain depends on the monster and what they're in Lucid for.
So different kinds of evil, like fear or self-ambition, like you mentioned, may have bigger or smaller chains? * hopes she's understanding you correctly *

This sounds like a very interesting place to draw stories from – a lot of potential. Do you have any other parts of it figured out yet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:22 pm 
Writer
Writer

Yes the bigger the evil the bigger the chain as far as the size is concerned.

I haven't really gotten alot of work done for this idea since im also working on a book with an entirely different story. I was playing around with the idea that there are 2 realms on Lucid, a night realm and a day realm. The night is were the chains and such exist, the day is were the normals and humans and such reside. But i do agree this is a good story...im almost scared to share the idea..lol...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:24 pm 
Writer
Writer

I'm a little confused. When someone reads the story of an invisible world, what is going on on the page? Are you following a story on Earth that is connected to this invisible world?

Also I like the idea of the chains. You might also want to toy around the idea of bigger chains coming from how much or how intense a given emotion is. You may have already said this is different wording, but say a person is really afraid, then their chain monster could be really huge.

Also think about the idea of potential. If someone has the potential for great evil, do they also have the potential for great good? In other words, could there be a good version of these monsters? Could the good always be in threat of becoming "chains"?

Just brainstorming some ideas.

What I should be working on:
The Forgotten Memory (Fantasy Novel)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 pm 
Writer
Writer

Andorin wrote:
I'm a little confused. When someone reads the story of an invisible world, what is going on on the page? Are you following a story on Earth that is connected to this invisible world?

Also I like the idea of the chains. You might also want to toy around the idea of bigger chains coming from how much or how intense a given emotion is. You may have already said this is different wording, but say a person is really afraid, then their chain monster could be really huge.

Also think about the idea of potential. If someone has the potential for great evil, do they also have the potential for great good? In other words, could there be a good version of these monsters? Could the good always be in threat of becoming "chains"?

Just brainstorming some ideas.

Thanks Andorin these are great, i actually scrapped the idea of the planet being invisible, it just wasn't working out. I have worked on this a little and i agree the chains is what i am focusing on.

Hmm their could be a good version of these monsters kind of like guardian angels in a way.

The second question i havn't really thought about it... :D but i will now

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:08 pm 
Writer
Writer

Just be sure any changes you make really fit the story you are trying to tell. I would hate to be the one to lead you on a needless rabit trail.

What I should be working on:
The Forgotten Memory (Fantasy Novel)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]