Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: World Map
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:37 pm 
Editor
Editor

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
Forgive me if this is the wrong location for this thread, but I think it is....Anyway, if it is the wrong place, could someone move it, please?

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew of a free computer program/something that would allow me to make my own map.

I am asking because I have two fantasy worlds and a sci-fi one that require a world map (Okay, not require, but it'd be really nice, especially for one of the fantasy ones).

I was originally going to just make one in paint, but recently, my brother said there was a $600 computer program (Maybe it was $200, I don't remember) that would do the same thing, but I was wondering if there was a free one out there somewhere.

I know a lot of HWers draw ones up, but since two of my planned world maps will be subjected to change constantly, I figured this was a better way.

Thanks,
Balec

Balec can erase the memories of others. He has the powers and talents of a gorilla, but only for five minutes at a time. Balec is protected by an adamantium-like hide and can transform any sloth into air, and can transform kevlar into ice. Balec has been known to absorb the damage from energy-based attacks and redirect it against any combatant in sight. He can tunnel through solid plastic, but doing so drains his endurance for one hour. Balec is able to view distant locations with his mind.
He can force creatures to freeze in place and can become tiny. Sadly, Balec becomes ugly in the presence of silver, and struggles with being unable to smell.

"When does school end? Every moment of life teaches you something." ~Philosopher Balec, Dec. 2nd, 2014 (Profound sayings)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: World Map
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 am 

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
There are a fairly variety of programs intended for this and similar purposes. AutoREALM is one that I've had some success with, though my needs are such that it doesn't suffice for me anymore.

Author of A Year in Verse, a self-published illustrated collection of poetry: available in paperback and on Kindle.

My blog includes the following "departments":
  • Background on the Shine Cycle, my planned fantasy series, spanning over two centuries of an imagined world's history, several universes (including various alternate histories and our own future), and the stories of dozens of characters (many from our world).
  • Strategic Primer, a strategy game I'm developing, played by email, assisted by programs I'm developing. The current campaign (moving slowly, less than one turn a month) always needs more players.
  • My poetry.
  • Miscellaneous essays.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]