Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Death Penalty
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
Do you have the Death Penalty in your world, and what crimes is it specifically used for?

It is every used wrongfully, and what precautions are put in place for people who could be falsely accused and convicted?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The Death Penalty
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:36 pm 
Editor
Editor

Are you a published author?: Yes
Yes, I suppose I do have the death penalty. ...almost always wrongfully employed against the Christian characters. I hadnt thought of it like that, though. Huh. *now feels like a really miserable human being*

Whatever. CARPE NOCTEM!

GUYS IMMA PUBLISHED AUTHOR *CLICK ME*
Lady Kitra Skene wrote:
Hitler and flamingos will always remind me of Abi.
Kya Lightwing wrote:
I think "IDK ask Gael she'd know" is the story of everyone's life... :D
The Dark Golden Dreamer wrote:
You kill people, Gael. D: How can I not die over that?
Sometimes I wonder about the reputation I have here....:rofl:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:47 pm 
Captain
Captain

Sex: Male
Yes, and it is rather common. They don't really have prisons of any kind or a way to deal with prisoners over long periods of time.

It's generally reserved either for significant assaults against others or political crimes. As for safeguards, there aren't any.

"Haven't I fallen enough?" She asked, head drooping to rest on the copper-black armor that once gleamed with starlight' white fire. "Must I betray my oath one more time to save these people I have betrayed and oppressed?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lady Abigail Mimetes wrote:
Yes, I suppose I do have the death penalty. ...almost always wrongfully employed against the Christian characters. I hadnt thought of it like that, though. Huh. *now feels like a really miserable human being*

Thought of it like what, Abi? :) Don't feel miserable! It's always interesting to have different themes/rules for each world.

Varon wrote:
Yes, and it is rather common. They don't really have prisons of any kind or a way to deal with prisoners over long periods of time.

It's generally reserved either for significant assaults against others or political crimes. As for safeguards, there aren't any.

Oh, I see! That's interesting, Varon. Are there any petty crimes that can end in the death penalty? Is anyone fighting for safegaurds to be put in place, or is it pretty much accepted by people?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:57 am 
Captain
Captain

It's a pre-medieval fantasy worlds. It all depends on who has the power locally, as there are no real centralized governments with much power. So some petty crimes will get met with death penalties in some places, but not in others. Nobody fights it. It's the way things have been and should be. Nobody really has a problem with it.

"Haven't I fallen enough?" She asked, head drooping to rest on the copper-black armor that once gleamed with starlight' white fire. "Must I betray my oath one more time to save these people I have betrayed and oppressed?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:43 am 
Writer
Writer

Location: Standing on the edge of faith and reality, looking over the edge.
In the naruto universe, the death penalty is used liberally, but only against other ninjas and not the citizens.

That doesn't stop the resident ninjas from outright slaughtering citizens that
decide to beat up the protagonist with clubs, bottles, and fire.

.....then again, the protagonist is a toddler.

With an Armageddon causing demon sealed inside of him.

Naruto is weird.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:01 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Are you a published author?: Yes
It depends on the country/realm (if it's a part of my fantasy world/universe) or the planet (if it's in my sci-fi books).

In the Dreamworld - which is a stand-in name until I figure something better out - there isn't a death penalty, because it's my version of an ideal, perfect world (until the bad guy shows up and makes it less than ideal). Which, in a nutshell, means no death penalty.

In Elani, there's a death penalty for various parts of the country. There's a different king in the west than there is in the east, and they have different laws. The one on in the east, Siothan, is the kind of person to execute people on a whim and without giving mercy. But other times he gives second chances. He's unpredictable. The king in the west tries never to use the death penalty unless absolutely necessary, usually only employing it during specific cases of murder and treason.

On a sci-fi world far in the future, there's a death penalty. Anyone who shows signs of subscribing to a religion may get the death penalty if they're caught. If it's something simple like a person reading the Bible to his family, he may be punished severely but not be executed. If there's a church service going on, it's the death penalty. It depends on 'how bad' the religious 'crime' is.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]