[close]

Login | Register

Post subject: Re: A World Based On Music.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:38 am 
Captain
Captain

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
Are you still working on this idea, Bethany? :D

Current article on my blog: What Story Would You Tell To Jesus?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:50 am 

Sex: Female
Define 'working' :P

It's sort of on hold, since I have a bunch of other writing projects I've been working on, but I tinker with it sometimes when I'm bored and too lazy to work on stuff I'm supposed to be working on. :rofl:

"I am knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order, and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master."

note: Emuna  is Hebrew for faith;
mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower.

"And now these three remain; faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13

Another note: in case you're curious, Tikva is Hebrew for hope and Ahava is Hebrew for love. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:13 am 
Captain
Captain

That counts. ;) Will you post updates, once you have them?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:26 am 

Maybe...if I remember...or...ever get anything done on this world. :roll:

"I am knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order, and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master."

"And now these three remain; faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13

Another note: in case you're curious, Tikva is Hebrew for hope and Ahava is Hebrew for love. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:43 am 
Captain
Captain

It's a good idea, so keep tinkering and see what happens. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:25 pm 

:salute: Will do....eventually. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:34 pm 
Captain
Captain

Good. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 pm 
Writer
Writer

Are you a published author?: No
The hills are alive...with the sound of music...Interesting idea, Bethany. Here's a couple thoughts: Because this world is made with sound, you could use certain pitches to shatter ear drums. Would the deaf be like eternally cursed people?

"White shores..and beyond. A far green country under a swift sunrise."
"Well...that isn't so bad."
"No. No, it isn't."
-Gandalf and Pippen

"No, Sam. I can't recall the taste of food, nor the sound of water, nor the touch of grass. There's nothing. No veil between me and the wheel of fire. I can see him...with my waking eyes!"
"Then let us be rid of it, once and for all. Come on Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you...but I can carry you! Come on!
-Frodo and Sam

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break the bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day we fight! Stand, men of the West!...For Frodo.
-Aragorn

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:05 am 

Daniel wrote:
Would the deaf be like eternally cursed people?

Hmm...not sure. Never quite thought about that... Perhaps, if someone becomes deaf they can see the sounds instead of hear them?

But yeah, I guess that would be considered quite the curse in a world like this... :P * tipoes away, pondering *

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:11 am 
Writer
Writer

Huh, it would be awfully hard to stalk someone. I mean, imagine walking along and hearing from the ground (in a singsong manner) "Someone's stalking you, someone's stalking you..." :D

It sounds like an amazing idea! I have noticed in my world that there is a distinctive lack of music...

Works in Progress

The Legend of Braim, 72,594 words, published!!!
Across the Southern Sea, 4,167 words, sequel to The Legend

Websites:
Book Website
Theology Website

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:22 am 

*laughs at the ground singing about you being stalked *

The Rainbow in the Storm- My Blog

Be careful of your thoughts; guard your mind, for your thoughts become words. Be guarded when you speak, for your words turn into action. Watch what you do, for your actions will become habits. Be wary of your habits, for they become your character. Pray over your character; strive to mold it to the image of Christ, because your character will shape your destiny.

Ideas can germinate from the smallest seeds. Collect those seeds, and let them grow in the back of your mind. You may be surprised by what finally blooms.

When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you. Instead, He’s opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Works in progress:

The Diegosian Mark, 115,600 words (Preparing for Publication)
The Diegosian Rider, 121,400 words (Finished)
The Diegosian Warrior, 15,000 (In Progress)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:15 am 
Officer
Officer

Bethy, when/if you'll work more on this world, a good story to read would be John Steinbeck's The Pearl (it's more of a novella, actually). It's rather depressing, but there are songs for everything, as sort of a motif/symbol throughout the story. They aren't necessarily literal/physical, as in your world, but it'd be good reference to see how Steinbeck does it.

“The man who never reads will never be read; he who never quotes will never be quoted. He who will not use the thoughts of other men’s brains, proves that he has no brains of his own.” (Charles Spurgeon)

“Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love.” (Mother Teresa)

“I have had dreams and I have had nightmares, but I have conquered my nightmares because of my dreams.” (Dr. Jonas Salk)

My Blog~ Of Faerie & Faith: A Christian Fantasy Blog

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:43 am 
Writer
Writer

I was shocked when I stumbled upon this thread, because I've been toying with a similar idea: a world in which music is heavily involved. I haven't fleshed out many details yet, but I really like some of the ideas and suggestions I saw posted here. Is this thread dead? Are any of the ideas up for grabs, so to speak? 'Cause I'd seriously consider using some of them but I don't want to get in trouble. Although if what I use is different enough I suppose it wouldn't be considered plagiarism.

~ Psalm 73:25-26

Works in progress

The Skyriders Trilogy (outlining)

What Waits in Shadow (fantasy short story--editing)
The Stranger's Gift (fantasy short story--editing)
The Crystal Orb (fantasy short story--writing)
And too many half-started ideas to count

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:54 pm 
Writer
Writer

Location: My mind is in the world of Raymistia, a land I created
I recommend the book Auralia's Colors, because in it there's a song that's sung traditionally every morning, and one for the evening too.
Also, in the beginning of the Silmarrilion, it talks about the beginning of the world coming about through a song that God (called something else in it) was constantly making more and more beautiful, and all the angels had a part in it. But then it was made twisted by the guy who is like Lucifer, but God still made it turn out more beautiful in the end because of it.
Music has frequency with light and dark, sadness and happiness, and different dimensions to it. I think it has the ability to take us to different places.

the black in the white,
the pictures that pierce my mind so vividly from them.

Offline Profile