[close]

Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Eshtekan Flora
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:51 pm 
Officer
Officer

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
Okay, here are all of my plants that I've posted so far:

Oakut tree ~ This tree can live for hundreds of years, and is tough enough to survive harsh forest fires. Its wood is extremely hard, and is nearly impossible to chop, once the tree is mature. Its leaves grow to a length of twelve inches, and contain immense healing qualities. Its fruit are oval in shape, and encased in a thick rind, but are delicious and extremely wholesome.

Sardonian ~ A plant the leaves of which are valuable for medical purposes. They are good for causing the blood to coagulate sooner, thus stopping a stubbornly bleeding wound, and are also used to soothe the wound.

Suath Haman (Summer Ice)~ A low bush-like plant that produces light blue flowers all summer long. The flowers smell cold (if you take my meaning :D), and soothe burns and wounds, thus earning their name. They are extremely unwholesome to take internally, however, and are used in the form of cold poultices.

Elohoman ~ This is a large, hardy plant which easily grows to 6' in height and produces giant, dinner-plate-sized flowers the color of the sky on a clear, beautiful day. The flowers give off an overpoweringly beautiful smell, and are used by the more developed countries in perfume-making. It has no healing powers, and is just for beauty.

Thosklorian ~ A dark, scratchy plant, that has almost red leaves, and is covered in tiny spines. When brushed against, thousands of spines lodge in the skin, and irritate it, causing an itchy, red rash, and swelling around the eyes. The only way to cure the rash is to apply Suath Haman to the rash, and eat a leaf of the Malborian plant.

Malborian ~ A short plant that grows no taller than one foot high, which bears purple leaves streaked with green. If one takes a leaf and crushes it, a sharp smell is released, which helps prevent nausea and headaches. If swallowed, it flushes all poison out of the system, and neutralizes it.

Tevna Lojor (Terrible Heat)~ A plant that contains a poison which causes your body to feel as if it is on fire. If you do not quickly swallow a leaf of the malborian, you will fall into a fever, and soon die.

Amasol ~ A purple-green plant which produces pleasant-smelling leaves and red flowers. It is tangy to the taste, but also slightly sweet, and dispels unpleasant moods.

Parsenig Tree ~ A relatively short tree when compared to the Oakut Tree, the Parsenig Tree tends to bush out when chopped down. As you might guess, it is extremely difficult to kill the tree completely. :D It produces a black berry (called a Parsenig), which, although useless as a medicine, is extremely delicious. It is often used in pies and pastries.

Ranouog Bush (Arrow-producing Bush)~ The bush is armed with long spikes on every branch, spikes which are not only 1 1/2 to 2 feet long, but extremely difficult to break. They are tough, yet light, and are cultivated in order to produce massive amounts of arrows with little effort. The Ranouog grows wild on the banks of rivers, and often produces impenetrable thickets where rabbits and small animals make their home in the safety of an unused armory.

I will continue adding plants in this thread, when I have them. :D

Find out what's on my heart: Blotches and Blunders

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Eshtekan Flora
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:04 pm 
Officer
Officer

This was a very interesting thread. You have richness of variety and several prime healing plants. Very well done. :D

Quote:
Its leaves grow to a length of twelve inches, and contain immense healing qualities.

Have you done brainstorming on this? What kind of healing qualities? Are the healing qualities specific or just general?

Quote:
Its fruit are oval in shape, and encased in a thick rind, but are delicious and extremely wholesome.

Is this fruit peeled?

Quote:
If one takes a leaf and crushes it, a sharp smell is released, which helps prevent nausea and headaches.

What kind of 'sharp smell'? Similar to smelling salts or perfume?

It's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain... -November Rain, Guns'NRoses
Romans 12:18- If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:53 pm 
Captain
Captain

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
You have lots of good plant ideas, Milly. I think this is my favorite so far:
Milly Manderly wrote:
Ranouog Bush (Arrow-producing Bush)~ The bush is armed with long spikes on every branch, spikes which are not only 1 1/2 to 2 feet long, but extremely difficult to break. They are tough, yet light, and are cultivated in order to produce massive amounts of arrows with little effort. The Ranouog grows wild on the banks of rivers, and often produces impenetrable thickets where rabbits and small animals make their home in the safety of an unused armory.

Current article on my blog: What Story Would You Tell To Jesus?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:20 am 
Officer
Officer

Elly of Zoriah wrote:
This was a very interesting thread. You have richness of variety and several prime healing plants. Very well done. :D

Thanks! :D

Elly wrote:
Quote:
Its leaves grow to a length of twelve inches, and contain immense healing qualities.

Have you done brainstorming on this? What kind of healing qualities? Are the healing qualities specific or just general?

It is a very general quality. Basically what it does is boost the immune and repair systems.

Elly wrote:
Quote:
Its fruit are oval in shape, and encased in a thick rind, but are delicious and extremely wholesome.

Is this fruit peeled?

Yes, one has to peel the fruit to eat it. :)

Elly wrote:
Quote:
If one takes a leaf and crushes it, a sharp smell is released, which helps prevent nausea and headaches.

What kind of 'sharp smell'? Similar to smelling salts or perfume?

Hmm, I've never tried to compare it to anything before. I would say sharp as in the smell of mustard or pickles, only not sour.

Jonathan Garner wrote:
You have lots of good plant ideas, Milly.

Thanks, Jonathan! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:39 pm 

I like these plants, Milly. My favorite is the Elohoman - it sounds beautiful! :) The amasol is interesting as well, though. On the amasol plant, are the leaves or the flowers edible? I wasn't sure by the way you wrote it :P

*reminds self he needs to work on his flora more often*

eru

I am a dreamer of big dreams: a student of wisdom, a reader of books, and a crafter of words. I am a servant of my Master who has rescued me. I am an adventurer, living my life to the fullest. Will you join me on this wild journey?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:46 pm 
Officer
Officer

The entire plant is edible. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:16 pm 

OK, that's cool :) Does it produce a fruit at some point?

eru

I am a dreamer of big dreams: a student of wisdom, a reader of books, and a crafter of words. I am a servant of my Master who has rescued me. I am an adventurer, living my life to the fullest. Will you join me on this wild journey?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:26 pm 
Officer
Officer

Yes, it produces a sour green berry, which, although it is helpful medically, is not very tasty. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:23 pm 

OK. That's neat :)

eru

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:36 pm 
Officer
Officer

Thanks. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:01 pm 
Officer
Officer

Tsakka-tsakka Tree ~ Named by the Wood People (name STILL temporary :P), the Tsakka-tsakka Tree is short and stout, spreading outwards rather than upwards. The Wood People prefer these trees for making their homes in because they are much easier to climb. The Tsakka-tsakka produces palm-sized, rotton-smelling, red-brown flowers in spring which, as the seasons turn, mature into long, bananna-shaped pods which hold five to ten quarter-sized seeds each. When the pods dry out, the seeds break loose inside, and rattle around, thus earning the name of Tsakka-tsakka. The Wood People use them as rattles in their tribal ceremonies.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:12 am 
Captain
Captain

How tall are Tsakka-tsakka Trees? Tall enough to build two-level houses? Do the Wood People not mind the bad smell of the flowers?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:55 am 
Officer
Officer

Jonathan Garner wrote:
How tall are Tsakka-tsakka Trees? Tall enough to build two-level houses? Do the Wood People not mind the bad smell of the flowers?

No, they are too short to build two-story houses, although they branch out so much horizontally that it doesn't matter. :)

*Chuckles* The Wood People are rather impervious to bad smells. :rofl:

Thank you for asking questions! :D It really means a lot. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:04 am 
Captain
Captain

You're welcome. :D

Milly Manderly wrote:
*Chuckles* The Wood People are rather impervious to bad smells. :rofl:

That would help them, then. :rofl:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:06 am 
Officer
Officer

*Laughs* It might explain why they smell rather bad themselves, too. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:15 pm 
Officer
Officer

N'Estui Taar - Roughly translated, it means 'honey fruit'. It's roughly the size of a peach, however the flesh is only about a half-inch thick, and within is a tear-drop-shaped seed suspended in a honey-like fluid. In order to eat the N'Estui Taar with the minimum amount of mess, one first cuts through the flesh and squeezes all the 'honey' into a glass, after which it is much simpler to eat the flesh.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]