[close]

Login | Register

Post subject: Re: The Diegose
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:13 pm 

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: Yes
The idea is that they influence each other. It is a give and take relationship. If the master's heart is turning, the odds are the Diegose's heart is also. A Diegose with a propensity towards pride, chooses a master whose heart reflects the same things it does. So the Diegose wouldn't be innocent in and of themselves, in all probability.

The Rainbow in the Storm- My Blog

Be careful of your thoughts; guard your mind, for your thoughts become words. Be guarded when you speak, for your words turn into action. Watch what you do, for your actions will become habits. Be wary of your habits, for they become your character. Pray over your character; strive to mold it to the image of Christ, because your character will shape your destiny.

Ideas can germinate from the smallest seeds. Collect those seeds, and let them grow in the back of your mind. You may be surprised by what finally blooms.

When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you. Instead, He’s opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Works in progress:

The Diegosian Mark, 115,600 words (Preparing for Publication)
The Diegosian Rider, 121,400 words (Finished)
The Diegosian Warrior, 15,000 (In Progress)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:23 pm 

Sex: Male
Interesting, could an innocent Diegose could have misjudged the character of their master? Or do Diegose have the ability to read the soul of their master?

“If you live gladly to make others glad in God, your life will be hard, your risks will be high, and your joy will be full.”
― John Piper

I am head of the Marcher Lords and the Triterrus project. If you have any questions about either, please PM me.

I am Racham Mimetes, brother in spirit to Emeth. I am knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order, and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.

note: Racham is Hebrew for the cherising love of God.
mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:46 pm 
Captain
Captain

I would think that, due to their telepathic connection, the Diegose would know the heart of the master they choose, and so would only be drawn to a master whose heart reflected their own. That's the idea I got from reading the book, anyway.

However, perhaps I should let the author answer. ;)

Current article on my blog: What Story Would You Tell To Jesus?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:49 pm 

*grins* Should that be a rule? Let the author answer?

“If you live gladly to make others glad in God, your life will be hard, your risks will be high, and your joy will be full.”
― John Piper

I am head of the Marcher Lords and the Triterrus project. If you have any questions about either, please PM me.

I am Racham Mimetes, brother in spirit to Emeth. I am knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order, and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:38 pm 

No, Jonathan is not only qualified to answer (having not only read the original book, but also being an invaluable help in assisting me in multiple ways with the 15,000 words of rewrites), he is also quite right. I'm happy that was conveyed in the book, Jonathan.

Be careful of your thoughts; guard your mind, for your thoughts become words. Be guarded when you speak, for your words turn into action. Watch what you do, for your actions will become habits. Be wary of your habits, for they become your character. Pray over your character; strive to mold it to the image of Christ, because your character will shape your destiny.

Ideas can germinate from the smallest seeds. Collect those seeds, and let them grow in the back of your mind. You may be surprised by what finally blooms.

When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you. Instead, He’s opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Works in progress:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:58 pm 
Captain
Captain

Chalice made it clear to Tierin why she chose him, so when the question came up on this thread, it seemed I could assume that all Diegose chose their riders in the same way.

Current article on my blog: What Story Would You Tell To Jesus?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:25 pm 

Now I'm envious of you, Jon, I want to read it! :rofl:

― John Piper

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:36 am 

*nods * Makes perfect sense to me, Jonathan. A wise assumption. :D

I posted for test readers a couple months ago, Brendan.

Works in progress:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:58 pm 

*nods* Wish I could, but I've barely have the time to read anything but bedtime stories these days. It's more... I'd like to have read it. :dieshappy:

― John Piper

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:42 pm 

*smiles * Okay. :D Thanks for the questions, Brendan.

Works in progress:

Offline Profile