Hyperdrive disengaged

Sex: Male

Are you a published author?: No

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:26 am

Hyperdrive disengaged

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I've been a part of an online community such as this.
I've been writing since I was 11, rewriting my favorite TV shows and such. Slowly my stories grew longer and more complex in proportion to my vocabulary which is still too limited for my tastes. However, it's gotten me far enough to finish two drafts of my first novel which is clocked in at about 105,000 words.

Didn't realize until going to a few different conferences how dominated the book market is by the romance/Amish crowd. My second conference was ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) back in 2010 and I only found about a dozen nerdlings such as myself who write Spec-fic. The following two years were better, but seeing as the conference boasted around 700 attendees, we were not much more than a blip on the conference radar.

I had the amazing experience of attending RealmMakers at the beginning of this month. This Spec-fic-only conference was excellent time with 80 or so geeks and geekettes in St. Louis. That's where I first heard about Holy Worlds and it may be given the majority of credit to my appearance here now.

So yeah, pew pew pew. :dieshappy:

Sex: Male

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Hyperdrive disengaged

Not sure why this got posted twice, but this can be removed in favor of the one with real replies.

Sex: Female

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Hyperdrive disengaged

*Disappears into archives* :)

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Return to Mainframe Archives