Creatures of the Voids: The Cun

Sex: Male

Are you a published author?: Yes

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Creatures of the Voids: The Cun

Space life, whether it is plants, animals, or creatures with the Image of God, are called Corh. It can be pronounced Cor (some people in Iniel do), but the way I pronounce "rh" is like an H with the tongue in the R position, without a trill.

Cun (pronounced coon, plural coonen) can be unaffected by gravity, can occupy the same place and time as another object or Corh, can be invisible, intangible, tasteless, unable to be smelled, and without any other form of radiation.

They are never shapeless, unless they are a sort that is vaporous in form.
When they have a form it is either perfect, symmetrical, and simple, such as polygons, polyhedrons, perfect crystals, spheres or oblongs, or they are symmetrical patterns of liquid, changing or unchanging, or they are vaporous.

They can grow or diminish in size, but they cannot change shape unless they are a kind that is liquid or vaporous in form.

They can affect things regardless of contact, distance, or substance.
They can have multiple bodies without any connection except spirit.
They can change color and brilliance, and can truly exist in only one or two dimensions, or in more than three dimensions.

A Cun can change what time it exists in, ceasing to exist, appearing out of nowhere, and meeting itself, perhaps several of itselves at one time. Of course they do not change history, or the future: When they go back in time they can only do what they already have done (since in the past they have come back from the future, and so in a sense saw what they would do in the future).

When a Cun dies it loses the power of decision, its spirit, and continues in a fixed or repeating pattern of actions, or they cease to exist in any time or place. Their pattern of actions can be made (by any that have the power) so that no one and no thing can alter it.

Corh can pass from one Heavens to another Heavens through the Surfaces.
I will post threads about the Heavenses and the Surfaces, but I mention them here:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=981

They cannot communicate with other creatures except by systems devised by themselves.

They cannot do a mistake, because if they make a mistake, before they do it they are drawn, apparently by curiosity, to a convenient place, and they die.

They will do random things that effect nothing in the universe except themselves and their playmates, for the fun of it.

They can only eat other living Cunen. They meet in a contest, and the loser will either become a disconnected body of the winner, or be transformed, partly or wholly, into potential energy for the winner. If they are partly transformed into energy, they leave behind a symmetrically shaped or formless waste.

They mate in many ways, some by passing through each other, some by remotely synchronizing their movements. The baby Cun can begin to exist larger than its parents. It may begin near its parents, or in the same place as the mother, or it may replace the mother's control over a disconnected body. Whether or not its appearance changes, it grows stronger, being given strength by its parents.

What do you think of them?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Tsahraf:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Servant of God, Brother of Christ, and Sealed by the Holy Ghost.

Tsahraf is Hebrew, meaning to refine, cast, melt, purge away, try.

Chahsid Mimetes means Follower of the Holy One, or saint.

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
I Corinthians 11:1

May Sir Emeth Mimetes find you doing this.
Thank you, in Gods name, thank you.

My Book on Amazon.

Come see the Sub-forum for my Otherworld.

One of my posts: Introducing You to Iniel (third update)

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Sex: Female

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Space life: Cun

I've never heard of anything like this! I am curious... how are you using these creatures in stories and plots?
Give me coffee or give me death!
Lieutenant General Aubrey Leah Hansen
author, screenwriter, co-owner of Penoaks Publishing

Penoaks Publishing: Independent Publishing, Professional Quality

Are you a published author?: No

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Fascinating.
"Haven't I fallen enough?" She asked, head drooping to rest on the copper-black armor that once gleamed with starlight' white fire. "Must I betray my oath one more time to save these people I have betrayed and oppressed?"

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 am

Aubrey Hansen wrote:I've never heard of anything like this! I am curious... how are you using these creatures in stories and plots?

Thank you Aubrey Hansen!
Really I am describing something I see in my mind (which fully explains why you have never heard of something similar to it), so their appearances in plots are only partly developed.

They move stars, for instance, to change the constellations, which you realize (if you read the Introduction thread) are to some extent living beings, but moving stars will probably appear in more than one kind of plot,

They block the lights of heaven (also to appear in more than one plot),

They are a more reasonable means of transport through the heavens (a line that some one will say in one of my stories is "To move such great distances we must return to the horse and wagon"),

They provide energy to Dark-energy Planets (must post about those on the Introduction thread),

Their presence and actions (on Dark-energy Planets at least) effect the lives of the people, for instance, people in certain places must wear protective clothing because of strange kinds of radiations,

They deliver foresight, because of their power in time,

So on.

Thank you for your questions! I hope I have made more that I can answer?

Bye the way, I am changing the name of this thread to "Creatures of the Voids: The Cun."
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Tsahraf:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My Book on Amazon.

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Creatures of the Voids: The Cun

I am having trouble absorbing it all, actually! It's a really fascinating concept, and very foreign and original - which is good! My initial thought when reading your list of potential uses for this creature was that these creatures would be a good way to have stars move and/or darken temporarily as "signs and wonders," to borrow the Biblical terminology, or for a natural disaster.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:04 pm

I am thinking some kind may play an Ungoliant role in the early history of Iniel. I did not think of them causing a natural disaster. What kind of disaster would you imagine it to be? They can become very large (in multiple senses), or be large from the start, but they can not all do it as much, and it takes different amounts of effort.

My Book on Amazon.

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Blocking out the light of stars is a serious matter. People on the surface would react harshly to that, especially if the lost stars made the day/night darker. If the darkness doesn't cause a national disaster, the panic caused by disappearing stars could be interesting...

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:21 pm

It would be interesting.
The thought of them attacking people is also strange, since some of them are like adamant, they could plunge from the sky in bands, and pound people and houses like bombs or rams, vanishing through roofs and then reappearing like bounding hailstones. They could also produce lightening.

My Book on Amazon.

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Return to Lesser Life Forms