Are Space Dwelling Creatures Possible?

Sex: Male

Are you a published author?: No

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Re: Are Space Dwelling Creatures Possible?

Nothing but theorizing sounds kind of fun, in an odd way. I could definitely seem them as some sort of interstellar sages.
"Haven't I fallen enough?" She asked, head drooping to rest on the copper-black armor that once gleamed with starlight' white fire. "Must I betray my oath one more time to save these people I have betrayed and oppressed?"

Sex: Female

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:42 am

True. And depending on how they propel themselves, it would probably take them tens of thousands of years to make it from one star system to another. I could see millions (or billions) of people flocking to a star system when it's predicted one will show, kind of like Halley's comet, except on a much bigger scale.

Are you a published author?: Yes

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:06 pm

That would be really cool, actually. I like the idea of people flocking to see them when they get close... Make me think of Christ and people flocking to Him to be healed, in a loose sort of way. :D
Airianna Valenshia

The Rainbow in the Storm- My Blog

Be careful of your thoughts; guard your mind, for your thoughts become words. Be guarded when you speak, for your words turn into action. Watch what you do, for your actions will become habits. Be wary of your habits, for they become your character. Pray over your character; strive to mold it to the image of Christ, because your character will shape your destiny.

Ideas can germinate from the smallest seeds. Collect those seeds, and let them grow in the back of your mind. You may be surprised by what finally blooms.

When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you. Instead, He’s opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Works in progress:

The Diegosian Mark, 115,600 words (Preparing for Publication)
The Diegosian Rider, 121,400 words (Finished)
The Diegosian Warrior, 15,000 (In Progress)

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:31 pm

That could be a possibility, though I saw it more like whale-watchers, unless they had some sort of special abilities, like influencing dreams or healing or something like that.
"Haven't I fallen enough?" She asked, head drooping to rest on the copper-black armor that once gleamed with starlight' white fire. "Must I betray my oath one more time to save these people I have betrayed and oppressed?"

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 pm

You're right, unless they had some beneficial effect, then perhaps a relatively small number (still a lot, just not as many) of people would be interested. All the same, Halley's Comet, once again used as an example, is of interest to people that aren't normally terribly into astronomy. Whether beneficial or not, it would still be a scientific curiosity and would still attract large numbers of people.

Post Wed May 01, 2013 12:05 am

Yeah, and like a meteor shower probably. It's a rare event people will want to see for some reason. That's a guaranteed tourist attraction.

Are you a published author?: Yes

Post Wed May 01, 2013 2:07 pm

*laughs *
Airianna Valenshia

The Rainbow in the Storm- My Blog

Be careful of your thoughts; guard your mind, for your thoughts become words. Be guarded when you speak, for your words turn into action. Watch what you do, for your actions will become habits. Be wary of your habits, for they become your character. Pray over your character; strive to mold it to the image of Christ, because your character will shape your destiny.

Ideas can germinate from the smallest seeds. Collect those seeds, and let them grow in the back of your mind. You may be surprised by what finally blooms.

When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you. Instead, He’s opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Works in progress:

The Diegosian Mark, 115,600 words (Preparing for Publication)
The Diegosian Rider, 121,400 words (Finished)
The Diegosian Warrior, 15,000 (In Progress)
Previous

Return to Lesser Life Forms