Tidmins

Sex: Female

Are you a published author?: No

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Tidmins

So, I have just come up with an idea for a new kind of animal/alien

It's kinda like a bird, specifically penguins and ducks. They have feet kind of like a chicken and instead of wings they have hands kind of like their feet . Because it's feet are fairly far forward it has a really long tail to help keep its balance.
When the baby hatches out of the egg it doesn't have a tail. Without a tail it walks bent over, kind of like a chicken. As it grows its tail, it starts to stand up right like its parents.
The male bird has a really big red head where as the female has a small one. Their ears are shaped kind of like an antenna with an opening on the end.

Here are some sketches I made of them.

wood pic 023.jpg
(1.96 MiB) Not downloaded yet

wood pic 022.jpg
(2.07 MiB) Not downloaded yet

My questions are, What are their names? Where do they live? What do they eat? How do they get food? Should they swim?

Thanks for any help.
Attachments
wood pic 024.jpg
(2.07 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Re: Alien things

They sound and look very cool Elisha! Thanks for bringing this idea here!

Firstly I like the sound of a Tidmin; I have no idea why haha. I just thought of it the moment I saw them, and again I have no idea why. A Tidmin Bird. :lol:

I like the pictures, gives me an idea of what you're imagining them to look like.

Are you looking for them to eat meat? I was thinking more like insects, which is quite disgusting, but birds do eat insects. Alien insects maybe. Or they could get a source from the atmosphere to fuel them, just an idea. :D

I don't think they should swim, they don't look right for swimming but it's up to you in the end!

They could find food from the ground or under rocks.

I think they could live in a rocky area like a stony beach near the water.

Anyhow, just some ideas. I'm not always very good at things like this, so if you think my ideas are no good I don't mind! :D

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Sex: Male

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:43 am

One of the drawings made me think of Woodstock from the Snoopy comics.
"Haven't I fallen enough?" She asked, head drooping to rest on the copper-black armor that once gleamed with starlight' white fire. "Must I betray my oath one more time to save these people I have betrayed and oppressed?"

Are you a published author?: Yes

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:02 am

I like Elanor's suggestion for a name. :D

They look like bug eaters to me. Either they could dig in the dirt or under rocks, like Elanor suggested, or perhaps they skim bugs off the water. I don't think they swim, though. I doubt they fly, either.

I like your idea of how the tail grows as the bird ages, adjusting their posture.
Give me coffee or give me death!
Lieutenant General Aubrey Leah Hansen
author, screenwriter, co-owner of Penoaks Publishing

Penoaks Publishing: Independent Publishing, Professional Quality

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Philadelphia wrote:I like Elanor's suggestion for a name. :D

They look like bug eaters to me. Either they could dig in the dirt or under rocks, like Elanor suggested, or perhaps they skim bugs off the water. I don't think they swim, though. I doubt they fly, either.

I like your idea of how the tail grows as the bird ages, adjusting their posture.

I agree, they don't look like they would fly.

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:23 am

Elanor wrote:They sound and look very cool Elisha! Thanks for bringing this idea here!

Firstly I like the sound of a Tidmin I have no idea why haha. I just thought of it the moment I saw them and again I have no idea why. A Tidmin Bird. :lol:

I like the pictures, gives me an idea of what you're imagining them to look like.

Are you looking for them to eat meat? I was thinking more like insects, which is quite disgusting but birds do eat insects. Alien insects maybe. Or they could get a source from the atmosphere to fuel them, just an idea. :D

I don't think they should swim they don't look right for swimming but it's up to you in the end!

Anyhow, just some ideas I'm not always very good at things like this so if you think my ideas are no good I don't mind! :D

Perfect, I love that name. :D

So, my Tidmin birds won't swim, and yes they can't fly. So how are they going to defend themselves?

I don't know how they would catch insects if they were to eat them. But I like the idea of them getting food from under rocks and stuff.

I think they should probably live by a lake of something even if they don't swim, that way it would be easier for them to find food.

I plan to draw a picture of them in color as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for all your help.

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:38 am

Elisha Sirius wrote:
Elanor wrote:They sound and look very cool Elisha! Thanks for bringing this idea here!

Firstly I like the sound of a Tidmin I have no idea why haha. I just thought of it the moment I saw them and again I have no idea why. A Tidmin Bird. :lol:

Are you looking for them to eat meat? I was thinking more like insects, which is quite disgusting but birds do eat insects. Alien insects maybe. Or they could get a source from the atmosphere to fuel them, just an idea. :D

I don't think they should swim they don't look right for swimming but it's up to you in the end!

Anyhow, just some ideas I'm not always very good at things like this so if you think my ideas are no good I don't mind! :D

Perfect, I love that name. :D

So, my Tidmin birds wont swim, and yes they cant fly. So how are they going to defend themselves?

I don't know how they would catch insects if they were to eat them. But I like the idea of them getting food from the under rocks and stuff.

I think they should probably live by a lake of something even if they don't swim, that way it would be easier for them to find food.

I plan to draw a picture of them in color as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for all your help.

I'm glad you like the name Elisha. :)

I'm not sure how they would defend themselves; that's a puzzle. Unless they can go underground? I like the idea of them living near a lake.

Can't wait to see the color picture!

You're welcome. :)

J. R. R. Tolkien

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Are you a published author?: Yes

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Can they run quickly? That's how Kevin from UP defends herself, and these critters remind me of her for some reason.

They could also bite. Ostriches or emus - one of them - bites pretty dangerously, IIRC.
Give me coffee or give me death!
Lieutenant General Aubrey Leah Hansen
author, screenwriter, co-owner of Penoaks Publishing

Penoaks Publishing: Independent Publishing, Professional Quality

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:58 pm

I don't think they would be able to run very fast, with their tails being as long as they are.
I like the idea of them biting though (maybe I could give them teeth or something).

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Philadelphia wrote:Can they run quickly? That's how Kevin from UP defends herself, and these critters remind me of her for some reason.

They could also bite. Ostriches or emus - one of them - bites pretty dangerously, IIRC.

Elisha Sirius wrote:I don't think they would be able to run very fast with their tales (be as long as they are).
I like the idea of them biting though (maybe I could give them teeth or something).

I like the idea of them biting too!

J. R. R. Tolkien

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves
Next

Return to Lesser Life Forms