Steampunk Colouring Competition!

Sex: Female

Are you a published author?: No

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Re: Steampunk Colouring Competition!

Aubrey Hansen wrote:Hooray! Congrats, all... wait, what? Me? Technical excellence? Seriously? :shock: I'll have to analyze what exactly I did so I can do it again! :rofl: I actually did very minimal "finishing" on this piece (shading and other effects) for lack of time. Hmm... Anywho, thank you very much!

I'm no art critique so I kind of went with "Hmm. She colored within the lines." :rofl:

Sex: Male

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:23 pm

Constable Jaynin Mimetes wrote:
Aubrey Hansen wrote:Hooray! Congrats, all... wait, what? Me? Technical excellence? Seriously? :shock: I'll have to analyze what exactly I did so I can do it again! :rofl: I actually did very minimal "finishing" on this piece (shading and other effects) for lack of time. Hmm... Anywho, thank you very much!

I'm no art critique so I kind of went with "Hmm. She colored within the lines." :rofl:

That's how I would have ended up judging, so I didn't volunteer.

Are you a published author?: Yes

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Oh my! I'm glad you guys liked it! I guess that piece was worth staying up till nearly midnight coloring!
But it is not this day! This day, we fight!-Aragorn, The Return of the King
Fav. Scripture passage, Psalm 139, especially verse 19...

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 am

Um.. I need to give my current address to whoever is sending the prizes because I won't be home at my normal address for another 3 and a half weeks.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Tsahraf:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Servant of God, Brother of Christ, and Sealed by the Holy Ghost.

Tsahraf is Hebrew, meaning to refine, cast, melt, purge away, try.

Chahsid Mimetes means Follower of the Holy One, or saint.

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
I Corinthians 11:1

May Sir Emeth Mimetes find you doing this.
Thank you, in Gods name, thank you.

My Book on Amazon.

Come see the Sub-forum for my Otherworld.

One of my posts: Introducing You to Iniel (third update)

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:14 am

Airi, I'll be sending the pins out. :)
Emunah is the Hebrew word meaning faith.

"The youth ran up the stairs, ever since he was told he was a Keeper, destined to become a powerful user of fire, lightning, water, earth, or air, just as his great grandfather had been, he had busily prepared himself for the day that the Counsel would take his DNA and mix it with that of the Verix plant.  The plant would then transform him into the Keeper, if one happened to find the Verix plant, it would be entirely impossible for that person to transform himself, only those with the correct DNA could be transformed. The Counsel had said it would be soon, for there were terrible forces at work in the east, so they said."

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:17 am

Awesome! I will send my address to you then. :D
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Tsahraf:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Servant of God, Brother of Christ, and Sealed by the Holy Ghost.

Tsahraf is Hebrew, meaning to refine, cast, melt, purge away, try.

Chahsid Mimetes means Follower of the Holy One, or saint.

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
I Corinthians 11:1

May Sir Emeth Mimetes find you doing this.
Thank you, in Gods name, thank you.

My Book on Amazon.

Come see the Sub-forum for my Otherworld.

One of my posts: Introducing You to Iniel (third update)

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 am

Congratulations, everyone! Honestly, every single entry was so awesome that I wish we could have made everyone win. :D

Constable Jaynin Mimetes wrote:
Aubrey Hansen wrote:Hooray! Congrats, all... wait, what? Me? Technical excellence? Seriously?I'll have to analyze what exactly I did so I can do it again! :rofl: I actually did very minimal "finishing" on this piece (shading and other effects) for lack of time. Hmm... Anywho, thank you very much!

Katie you stole my method! :rofl: But really Philly, your colouring is always so neat and tidy; you colour with such precision. I nailed it for technical the second I saw it. ;)

Kiev Elerdre wrote:*dies, astounded*

*revives* I loved yours, Shawnie! When I saw it I was like, "AHHH! STEAMPUNK! ^_^" And don't think I've forgotten you! I told Katie as you made the prizes, your prize would be a manipulation from me. So a wallpaper, book cover, book mark, you name it, PM me what you'd like and I'll make it as soon as I can. :D
~Ivan L. Holt (formerly Prof. Funderwall)
- "Well, I always like a nice glass of fresh air with my meal."

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:16 am

*is honored to have been nailed by the BushMaid* :D
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather boast in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

Nessa- She's given up the veil, the vows she'd sworn, abandoned every effort to conform. Without a word to anyone she's gone her way alone, a dove escaping back into the storm.

Nolan- And though I don't understand why this happened, I know that I will when I look back someday, and see how you've brought beauty from ashes, and made me as gold purified through the flames.

Azriel- And who do you think you are, running round leaving scars, collecting your jar of hearts, and tearing love apart? You're gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back to me. Don't come back at all...

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:42 am

Congratulations, ladies! Your entries are fantastic. ^_^

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:27 pm

BushMaid wrote:
Kiev Elerdre wrote:*dies, astounded*

*revives* I loved yours, Shawnie! When I saw it I was like, "AHHH! STEAMPUNK! ^_^" And don't think I've forgotten you! I told Katie as you made the prizes, your prize would be a manipulation from me. So a wallpaper, book cover, book mark, you name it, PM me what you'd like and I'll make it as soon as I can. :D

O.O *hugs Bushy* Thank you! I shall be PMing you as soon as I can make up my mind. *grins*
Emunah is the Hebrew word meaning faith.

"The youth ran up the stairs, ever since he was told he was a Keeper, destined to become a powerful user of fire, lightning, water, earth, or air, just as his great grandfather had been, he had busily prepared himself for the day that the Counsel would take his DNA and mix it with that of the Verix plant.  The plant would then transform him into the Keeper, if one happened to find the Verix plant, it would be entirely impossible for that person to transform himself, only those with the correct DNA could be transformed. The Counsel had said it would be soon, for there were terrible forces at work in the east, so they said."
Previous

Return to Party Archives